Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Reassessments....

I am still waiting on mine. Anyone here get their's? If so was it fair-unfair?
    - Big D
    I am looking for SIG ST Series pistols. Please PM me if you have one you would like to sell.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Reassessments....

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I am still waiting on mine. Anyone here get their's? If so was it fair-unfair?
    Yes, we were pleased. We received ours the other day. BUT, I battled with them a while back over things that were wrong. Was just happy to see them fix it before they sent me the evaluation. They DO give you a log-in and password to file for an appeal, definitely take a look when you get it to make sure everything is correct.

I know there were some people that didn't feel they did a good job. But for our house, I think they were probably dead on.

PROUD WIFE OF PA. PATRIOT
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. "-Thomas Jefferson

(Luzerne County)

We didn't get ours yet (WB), but over on the West Side of the river, the residents got theirs. Lots of unhappy people!

(Luzerne County)

Got mine and it went up 1/3. Talked to about 5 others and they all went up a lot. Guess we'll all be getting new streets, lower garbage fees, cleaner roadways, ect. LOLOLOLOLOLOL wait I almost just fell off my chair.
    Thanks Luzerne county for even taking more off of us and doing nothing in return.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo16 View Post
    Got mine and it went up 1/3. Talked to about 5 others and they all went up a lot. Guess we'll all be getting new streets, lower garbage fees, cleaner roadways, ect. LOLOLOLOLOLOL wait I almost just fell off my chair.
    Thanks Luzerne county for even taking more off of us and doing nothing in return.
    Got mine. Told the wife to appeal. I have two properties. One about half the size of the other. Both valued the same by them.

Doesn't hurt to try.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

I still have not received mine. I just closed on my house about a month ago. So I have a really fresh appraisal + comparables. I should be able to fight if it goes up unjustly. However I pay 3 Times more then most people I know with the same priced house already.
    - Big D
    I am looking for SIG ST Series pistols. Please PM me if you have one you would like to sell.

(Luzerne County)

My rates for two properties went thru the roof.

1) Older home in really bad shape (un-live-able, no water, no power, just used as a storage bldg) on 3 acres - Taxes were $ 500 - now $ 1200.00 (went to informal appeal - reduced to $ 1065.00 17%) Filed the Formal Appeal !!

2) Main Home on adj. land 2.5 acres Taxes were $ 750 - now $ 2400.00 ( went to informal appeal - reduced to $ 1270.00 56%) Filed for the Formal appeal !!

Will sell both propereties at the Luz. Co. appraised prices so I can move to another state - LOL !!

(Chester County)

Sorry folks... I'd love to be able to get away with $1270 for my property taxes. Mine's pushing $6k.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Chester County)

Man I wish my taxes were that cheap I'd be doing back flips. I have one property that is only 1080 sqft and .12 acres that is $2,700 and my main house is $5,000+ for .55 acres and 1800 sqft
    Last edited by SteveXD; July 20th, 2008 at 10:56 PM. Reason: wrong amount :)

(Luzerne County)

Angry Re: Reassessments....

I agree that my taxes should go up, but the county's idea of fair market value cannot be corrected due to the fact they (county) didn't assess the properties for 35+ years.

Newer build homes and some housing ares are not and cannot be the same values, as say older homes built many years earlier.

A FORD F-150 truck for example, is value based on it's YEAR / MILAGE / CONDITION / ETC. - a 1997 model is not the same value as a 2007 model, even if the the trucks are in new, with zero milage.

Both of my homes are overr 70+ years old, one is a "shack" and in un-live-able condition. The other is much better due to the fact I poured money into it over the years fixing just about everything making Home Depot and Lowes richer.

The "Co. hacks" really don't care about making the tax base fair, they just want more money - period !!

When this Tax Reassessment is over and all said and done, your county services, etc. will not change, nor improve !!

You'll just be out more money.

And for the few of you whose taxes "go down" - great, I feel your pain, but don't cry to me that I should be paying "my fair share" of the burden. I am paying and someone has been paying taxes on my properties for over 70+ years.

With ALL of our "belts" being tighten with this current economy, WE ALL (County too) need stop whining (Sen. Grahm is right !! ) and do more with less.

"ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY ( and COUNTY) CAN DO FOR YOU", But what can YOU do yourself and/or without. !!

TAX Fairness - I bet some people think that universal Health Care is going to great too !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast