Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Red face Brown's Armory in Rochester, Pa

I bought my first gun today I was really excited when I got it. I ended up with a Charter Arms pink special .38. I was treated great for being in the store for my first time. The staff is very knowledge and know all about all the guns they sale. They also our very knowledgable when it comes to gun laws. If I ever get a chance to buy another handgun I would visit Brown's Armory in Rochester, Pa. I give them props for their awesome service!

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Brown's Armory in Rochester, Pa

Excellent! Now invest in some training.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Allegheny County)

I have purchased ammo at John Browns and I was really impressed with the selection. Lots of typical new/used and a great deal of antique/military type stuff. The pricing appeared to be good - average. The staff was friendly but not overbearing.

If I could say anything bad it would be that the owner allows the employees to smoke in a room directly attached to the area where guns are displayed. The door to this room remains open and he must have some heavy smokers working there. No biggie his shop his rules, but as a non smoker it was smoky enough in there to make me wanna get out of the shop sooner than later.

I would certainly go back again!
    When unholstering your sidearm it is customary to say: "Excuse me while i whip this out"

(McKean County)

I agree with bpgood1 on this shop. I am in there at least once or twice per week, and do not care for the cigarette smell, but it's their shop.

I have purchased a few items there, and couldn't agree more - great service and lots of selection. Their layaway plan is very good too.

Walk around the corner and peer into the window of where the shop was years ago. They use that as a storage area. Would love to rummage around in there like a picker on History Channel!

I give a thumbs up to John Brown's Armory. Prof

(Lawrence County)

Knowledgable, sell, are. There. Now that that's out of the way, congratulations on your new gun. Take it to the range, read up on all the gun laws if you're going to carry, and train train train! Have fun with it.
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Washington County)

I purchased a Colt AR 15 6920MP-B and a Glock yesterday..... my first hand gun......and second rifle (had a 22) ...... spent most of the evening yesterday and most of today becoming comfortable with both before I actually head to the range.

Any tips for first time handgun and AR-15?

Thanks in advance

Dan

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetbbwofpa724 View Post
    I bought my first gun today I was really excited when I got it. I ended up with a Charter Arms pink special .38. I was treated great for being in the store for my first time. The staff is very knowledge and know all about all the guns they sale. They also our very knowledgable when it comes to gun laws. If I ever get a chance to buy another handgun I would visit Brown's Armory in Rochester, Pa. I give them props for their awesome service!
    First off, I love Brown's. Great group of guys there. That being said, I'm kind of on the fence about the Pink Lady. The weight of it concerns me greatly. When firing .38 spc, you're going to find it to be EXTREMELY snappy. Make sure you have a good grip when you pull the trigger. If I were you, I would make sure you first trip to the range with it is with someone experienced in training to help instruct you on how best to handle it. Good luck and have fun!
    Obligatory IANAL!

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    (By the power of truth, I while living have conquered the universe)