Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Heidelberg Sportsman’s Association Multi Gun Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    Consider it insurance on proficiency.
    Range time to maintain proficiency in order to keep kicking ass? Check!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    Have you shot anywhere else?
    As a matter of fact I have, probably (in fact I'm sure) not nearly as many as you! But get this, if I didn't like it I didn't return. I did NOT make a big stink about everything that I feel they did wrong by posting countless posts of childish bull shit.

Also if you don't like shooting shotgun don't go to a match that uses them, plain and simple. Your a big boy and can make decisions for yourself. Shotguns are not going away from our match!

The stance I believe we all take is we would rather have 5 New shooters show up than 1 big name pro shooter. We welcome everyone to come out and join us, of any level of experience.

You have been to what 6 or so of our matches over the last 2 years and seem to have plenty of advice to share. If your really going to make all the difference show up every morning the week of the shoot to set it up. Hell with all your experience I may not have to take time off work to make it happen.

The shoot will go on with or without you! I have my opinion on what my choice is, but I will keep that to myself.

Shane

You asked for ideas on how to speed it up and improve your match.
    I gave you ideas.

You called some of us arm chair match directors.
    I gave you just a small bit of insight on my experience on unsanctioned match organization.

You're going to keep shotguns. That's fine. Your match.

You are not very receptive and don't take constructive criticism well. That's also fine. If you keep catering to the lowest common denominator, that's all you will get and the dynamic of your match will continue to reflect it. Sometimes however, a slightly inclined learning curve is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Montgomery County)

Constructive criticism is just that; don't take it personal and it isn't a reflection on your capabilities. I think AM provided some good insight but it would seem the club is content with the way things are currently being run.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by tripleS View Post
    Just for the record there have been several penalties issued as well as match DQ.
    The penalties issued were from abandoning a firearm in an unsafe condition, fingers on the trigger, shooting out of order or from an undesignated area and dropping a loaded firearm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ihocky2 View Post
    Last month I watched a negligent discharge over the berm with a shotgun because of a reload with the finger on the trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleS View Post
    As a matter of fact I have, probably (in fact I'm sure) not nearly as many as you!But get this, if I didn't like it I didn't return. I did NOT make a big stink about everything that I feel they did wrong by posting countless posts of childish bull shit.

Also if you don't like shooting shotgun don't go to a match that uses them, plain and simple. Your a big boy and can make decisions for yourself. Shotguns are not going away from our match!

The stance I believe we all take is we would rather have 5 New shooters show up than 1 big name pro shooter. We welcome everyone to come out and join us, of any level of experience.
    You have been to what 6 or so of our matches over the last 2 years and seem to have plenty of advice to share. If your really going to make all the difference show up every morning the week of the shoot to set it up. Hell with all your experience I may not have to take time off work to make it happen.

The shoot will go on with or without you! I have my opinion on what my choice is, but I will keep that to myself.

Shane
    Yes a lot of people have noticed that.^^^^^

Seriously though chill the hell out! Go have a drink or smoke or beat up an old man with a 22 rifle or what ever you do to calm down.Its not about you, people are trying to help by sharing ideas and thoughts they have from first hand experience just trying to improve Heidelberg's shoot. No one has ever said to stop doing it. Judging from your reaction I have a suspicion why there isn't more help. Before you make your smart ass comments about people offering ideas you would be very surprised by the skill level and willingness to help of shooters that have passed through your shoot over the years never to return. And I know for a fact quite a few have repeatedly offered ways to improve, personally to Tom and you.

(Montgomery County)

Now time for some down-home wisdom.

Shane you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Animal Mother there's an old adage that goes something like this.

There was an old farmer that wanted to teach his pig how to read. After a week a friend asked him how it was going and the farmer replied.
    "ALL I HAVE DONE HAS BEEN TO AGITATE THE PIG AND FRUSTRATE MYSELF"

(Berks County)

I want to start out by saying I do not speak for the Heidelberg tactical committee. Having said that ....I don't think that they are desiring to attract big name or professional shooters. This is a fun friendly event where your average guy without high dollar equipment can come out and compete with the other average guys who like to have fun in a friendly/competetive setting. There is all this talk about making the event go faster and I do get that some have run long....but they take the time they take...I know I don't like the idea of a bunch of pro shooters showing up and smoking the rest of us with dramatically shorter times than the average guy for whom this shoot was designed for. It was never designed to be some big fancy event....just a fun time for area shooters.

I assist with the R O ing of the event and I agree that safety is of the utmost importance....but I had people who wanted to reset the stage on stage one walking onto the course of fire before I had the shooter remove his firearms from the range with chamber flags in place....so the range was still hot! It's a basic safety issue....but the excuse I hear when I confront them about it is "we are trying to hurry things along" on the same stage I had a shooter who is one of the faster guys that day walk onto the stage with his guns before I had the people taping and resetting off the range....when I informed him that he should not be on the course with his guns yet he ignored me. The range wasn't clear for the shooter and he knew it. When I was walking him through clearing and chamber flagging his guns the same shooter tried to argue that his rifle didn't need to have the safety on because it had a chamber flag in it. Again trying to rush things along.

Shane and Tom and others put a lot of effort into this and having said that I don't think they want it to be about big prizes and pro shooters its for the average guy and his family and friends to have a great day with each other. oh and the guys I had the issues with that I mentioned here...they were experienced competitors at the event...not nubies. It's been said several times over if you don't like the rules or the way things are run then don't come. Again I in no way represent the Heidelberg tactical committee....I just help out and have a great time with my friends.
    Last edited by Joe88XJ; June 8th, 2014 at 08:32 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345