Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig P250 16+1?

(Northampton County)

Default Sig P250 16+1?

I was wondering if anyone out there was experiencing the same problem I had with cramming 16 rounds into the Sig magazines? I have four of them and cannot seem to get the much advertised 16th round into the mag.

Also, I'm looking for any recommendations on 9mm ammo. The use would be for personal protection but affordable enough to use at the range. A good multipurpose round if you will. I currently use American Eagle FMJ for target and Cor-bon 125-gr for personal defense. I don't want to have a $1/bullet round for the range typically (which then means I don't cycle much of this ammo through the gun) nor do I want a $.25/bullet personal defense round that has no expansion.

I was at Cabela's the other day and noticed a 100-rnd box of Remington JHP (115-gr) that seemed to be both affordable and expandable (JHP). I guess my only concern is whether or not the bullet has sufficient weight or expansion capability to be a useful PD round whilst being affordable to use at the range.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Sig P250 16+1?

I don't have a Sig but I've read on several different threads and posts that it takes a LOT of force to get that last round into some of their magazines.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

Please use the search to look for info. This has been actually been debated twice in as many weeks here. But I use winchester white box for range ammo. My carry ammo is expensive but it the way of the gun world. For PD I use Federal Hydra-shoks, or Federal HST's will work just as good if not better. Try jumping up to 147 grain for you carry and range ammo. The 127 grains expand nicely, but I think the 147 grains a "thump" a lot better.I use FMJ for the range and HP for personal Protection and you will find that a lot of people are this way.

As far as your magazines I assume they are new. They are probably just super stiff, in time they will loosen up. Allowing for that fabled 16th round.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Pike County)

My FNP-9 16 rd. mags a a BI**H to load to 16. Get a good mag loader. I also use FMJ for range, and HP's for defense, with a good check out for them to be sure that they will feed.

We've had the same problems with Cathy's XD9 Tactical before she sold it, and now her M&P9 compact. We can manage the trick if we try hard enough, but I'm just not that dedicated to proving the various company's marketing departments correct LOL.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Philadelphia County)

yeah i have the p250 adn u need to use some muscle to get the ;ast round in....

awesome gun though! you wont be disapointed!
    Sig p250 9mm
    Sig p239 40mm
    Sig SP2022 9mm
    HK USPc 45mm