Greetings,

I posted a short note on the BV roll call thread, but figure it hasn't been seen by many. If you're a member at BV and enjoy using the facilities, here's how you can really help out the club.

Our 2014 Monday night work party season has begun and we have a lot of tasks to try to complete before hunting season, short daylight hours and cold weather bring it to a close. We meet up about 18:00 and usually have several projects going. No experience required, just show up willing to help (wear old/junk clothes too!).

Last Monday, we started demolition on the left end bays of the outdoor pistol range. We'll be trying to get new vertical supports set and up and then start reconstruction of the roof structure on Monday, April 28th. In addition, there is fairly major work required at both the 50 and 100 yard rifle ranges, and an entire list of smaller projects all around that need to be attended to. Probably more work than we can reasonably get done, but we'll give it our best shot.

So, please try to come out, lend a hand and show your support for the club. In case you don't know, most of the upkeep and improvements on the grounds, buildings and ranges are done by members, not hired in help. We usually put in a few hours each Monday, weather depending. Any amount of time you can spare would be a big help, no obligation or pressure at all.

Though some (actually most) of the work is hard, we usually have fun, hang out afterwards and talk guns/shooting/etc.. Just stop in at the club house to sign in then look around for groups doing chores. Or for the next couple weeks just head down to the outdoor pistol range area. If you're not sure what to do or where to go, just ask anyone for myself (Jim), Earl or Chris. If you'd like more info or any details, feel free to PM me.

Thanks to everyone for reading and hope to see some of you if you can make it out.

Regards, Jim