Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default IRONIC, Doc your kiddin' me !

As I mature (you never get old) when I wake up in the morning ; "what's gonna' hurt today" ????? You learn to live with it when you accumulate mileage on your Old Bod.

Two things have stood out in the past 2 months. I believe this might be the best shooting ever, for me, this early in the season.

The 2nd thing, out in the fields the hills really got steep real quick. So blame the obvious---The accrued mileage on your Bod. I was struggling. Just accept it and move on.

My family witch doctor ran some tests. The old bod is OK, but I have been fighting Bacterial Pneumonia for two months. Even though I felt pooped out, it did not dampen my enthusiasm, but I learned a huge lesson. I AM NOT A DOCTOR. The hills did not get steep because of a birthdate. They got steep because my lungs were screwed up.

Gals and guys, don't make a poor decision like I did, by playing DOCTOR. It don't work.

Are these words of wisdom. NAH ! ! They are words from an idiot.
    The plus side----I will be back in the game quickly with the proper anti-biotic medication.
    fossil
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

Default Re: IRONIC, Doc your kiddin' me !

Only just learnt this in the past year, but did you know that for you heart, it is best if you drink less than 1.5 Liter of liquids per day?

Seems as I found out, if you over do the drinking (even water) the surplus can gather in and around your lungs. Dr poked me in the side last summer and took out a surplus 1.78 Liter, after drinking from 1 to 1.5 Liter of liquid per day for a few months and diuretics to reduce the "mr Blimp" over consumption in the rest of my body ( a total of over 30 pounds!) i now feel much better.. relatively i guess you could say, the damage to the ol pump is still there and only now works at 28% of capacity.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Lancaster County)

As much as I dislike doctors I've repeatedly made the same mistake and I'm paying for it. I miss my old doctor. I've had better luck with a P.A. at the family practice I go to now. She's the only one there that seems to listen and remember or at least note what I've said. The doctors all seem to think they know what you are saying and tune out after a few words. Probably seems strange or creepy that I request the P.A. for my visits but it is what it is.

(Beaver County)

No turkey or groundhog pictures ?

Feeling ok/ better.

Your story fans demand to know.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(York County)

I had a similar problem this spring. Late last fall my shoulders both swelled and ached. I told myself it was just from tossing hay up in the barn, old age, and let it go. A few months go by and the right knee swells, ahh, again, just old age and something stupid I did. Four weeks later when it happened a second time I went to get it drained, and I found out I had stage 3 lyme disease with no neurological symptoms!

Four weeks of Doxycyclene and hopefully (knock on wood) I'm back to full speed (for a 44 year old)! We're to young to be dying, too stupid to visit a doctor, but certainly old enough to know better know something's going south!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I had a similar problem this spring. Late last fall my shoulders both swelled and ached. I told myself it was just from tossing hay up in the barn, old age, and let it go. A few months go by and the right knee swells, ahh, again, just old age and something stupid I did. Four weeks later when it happened a second time I went to get it drained, and I found out I had stage 3 lyme disease with no neurological symptoms!

Four weeks of Doxycyclene and hopefully (knock on wood) I'm back to full speed (for a 44 year old)! We're to young to be dying, too stupid to visit a doctor, but certainly old enough to know better know something's going south!
    Where can I get some of this Lyme diesese? More importantly, can I use it to swell up my limp dick?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Where can I get some of this Lyme diesese? More importantly, can I use it to swell up my limp dick?
    You think your farts smell bad now, wait until you kill everything in your gut with that stuff! You won't find a woman within 25 miles.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Only just learnt this in the past year, but did you know that for you heart, it is best if you drink less than 1.5 Liter of liquids per day?

Seems as I found out, if you over do the drinking (even water) the surplus can gather in and around your lungs. Dr poked me in the side last summer and took out a surplus 1.78 Liter, after drinking from 1 to 1.5 Liter of liquid per day for a few months and diuretics to reduce the "mr Blimp" over consumption in the rest of my body ( a total of over 30 pounds!) i now feel much better.. relatively i guess you could say, the damage to the ol pump is still there and only now works at 28% of capacity.
    This does not apply to the normal healthy person... And drinking only a liter to 1.5L daily can lead to kidney issues and dehydration, which can alter your blood pressure and put more strain on your heart.... I'm sure you are on your fluid restriction for a reason but the average person needs more than 1.5L daily....
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

And sometimes you need to go with your gut instinct.

I just stopped taking a statin prescribed for me because I've been feeling like crap since taking them -- two days off and I suddenly have energy again. My numbers aren't high enough for to panic, and certainly not high enough to put my liver at risk and feel crappy.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by mingomom View Post
    And sometimes you need to go with your gut instinct.

I just stopped taking a statin prescribed for me because I've been feeling like crap since taking them -- two days off and I suddenly have energy again. My numbers aren't high enough for to panic, and certainly not high enough to put my liver at risk and feel crappy.
    Sadly that's a common thing with statins I'm glad to hear you are feeling better!
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis