Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default SR9c Magazine Disconnect Removal

My SR9c is my primary carry pistol. Long story short, the SR9c and I go together like peanut butter and jelly. Moving along, I'm thinking about removing the magazine disconnect. I don't like magazine disconnects, and I heard if I removed it the trigger pull would improve too. Let me also say that I think the SR9c has one of the best trigger pulls for a striker fired pistol straight from the factory.

Have any of you removed your magazine disconnect from your SR9c? Do you think the trigger improved (slightly lighter pull), had no affect, or made it worse?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: SR9c Magazine Disconnect Removal

I'm not sure of the answer to the main question posted, so I apologize. I just want to say though that I'd be wary of disabling a factory safety feature on a personal defense pistol. Obviously there are tons of models out there without this feature and they are more than fine for defense. I just think "a safety feature of the gun was intentionally disabled by the defendant" has a bad ring to it.

(Lehigh County)

I have removed mine. It does not lighten the trigger pull at all.. not that I can notice anyway. however, it may help if your sr9c have occasional light primer strikes. If the striker or the mag disconnect are slightly out of tolerance, the two can somewhat bind/grind, producing light primer strikes. Think of it as as second firing pin block, only this time, the magazine is the one that disengages it, not the trigger bar.,

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android