Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Glock please hurry

so almost 2 months ago now i ordered a brand new toy for my birthday. A brand new straight from the factory Glock 20 10mm with night sights and 2 extra magazines. I ordered it at A&S in youngwood, just stopped in yesterday to pay off my balance on it, and still waiting. Todd did say it should be in very soon. All my dealings with him have been extremely excellent thus far, so i have no reason to believe he would be jerking me around. Only thing we can think is they have been busy taking care of all the beginning of the year government contracts. I have no real complaints about it thou, just whining it hasn't arrived. If i would have opted for the standard sights i could have had it all ready, but since i am planning to use it as my carry gun, then i figure I'll be patient and wait for the night sights.

For the record i tried to not have to torture you guy's with my whining but the better half just gave me one of those looks. On a good note though she has started to a liking to the Taurus pt1911 that Todd has in the showcase though. It just may make the shopping list one of these days.

Bastard Child
    Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race! Chesty Puller

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Glock please hurry

Two months is too long to wait for a non-custom, non-military caliber handgun.

I'd assume he's giving you the run around. The 10mm wouldnt be affected by any contracts as noone in LEO uses it and isnt exactly popular(love mine though). So i see no reason besides slow business why it wouldn't be there

Glock has been backed up for a couple of months. I actually just picked up a G23 today. I've been waiting for nearly 2 months. The shop told me they didn't know how long it would be backordered, since their distributors had been telling him 2 weeks for a month. I called Glock and asked them. The CS lady looked up the production schedule and said they were going into production the following week, and to give it another week to make it through the distribution network.

Mine was test fired May 30.

You are going to love it when you get it!

(Blair County)

Just checked my wholesaler and ALL Glock 20's are on backorder. No estimated arrival date.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    I'd assume he's giving you the run around. The 10mm wouldnt be affected by any contracts as noone in LEO uses it and isnt exactly popular(love mine though). So i see no reason besides slow business why it wouldn't be there
    umm... i doubt glock has a production line for each and every caliber to be running at once...

my guess is they bang out a specific weapon for a week, then change out dies and mill heads and all the other BS that goes with making a different model of anything...

if they are gearing up for contracts, or getting back into play from filled contracts, then i am sure they are massivly backordered...
    This Space For Rent

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in PA View Post
    Glock has been backed up for a couple of months. I actually just picked up a G23 today. I've been waiting for nearly 2 months. The shop told me they didn't know how long it would be backordered, since their distributors had been telling him 2 weeks for a month. I called Glock and asked them. The CS lady looked up the production schedule and said they were going into production the following week, and to give it another week to make it through the distribution network.

Mine was test fired May 30.
    That's what I hear. I don't know all the details on why they're not keeping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seventy4Blazer
    umm... i doubt glock has a production line for each and every caliber to be running at once...
    I image that's true also.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Westmoreland County)

can't wait for it to come in, Im so anxious. I'm driving the better half nuts. I got told when i ordered it that if i would have opted for standard sights versus the night sight that i would have already had it. i figured with me planning on using it as a carry gun, and to order it with them equiped already it saved me some cash. figured it out to about a 60 dollar saving, which to me is worth it. By doing so though since there were none available it would be comming straight from the factory.

As i am sure anyone who has a better half can agree, I start whinning to her and i just get one of those looks. At least here on the forum there are others who feel my pain. I've already picked up 100 rounds for it and a new holster to keep my new baby in. I'm even getting ready to place an order through georgia arms for the 500 round deal, as well as double tap for my carry ammo, 180 grain hollow points. This wait is almost as bad when i was waiting for hers and my daughter to be born, Almost that is, my baby girl is just a little more important. On a good note though at least until my glock here, she is still protected by Mr. Smith & Wesson. May Glock please hurry for the love of sanity please hurry.

Bastard Child
    Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race! Chesty Puller

(Chester County)

Yeah I would be a bit curious as to know why it had been so long. Glock has top notch customer service. Their turn around times are fast, and as like stated before it is a 10mm no one uses that caliber in law enforcement.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast