Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Smile Positive O/C Monroe County

Given this nice weather I opportuned to O/C My Glock 23.Burger King was first with quite a few out of staters present and had at least 40 sets of eyes trained on my Glock,when eye contact was made all I got was smiles,Maybe they are starting to get knowledge of their freedoms and rights.Walmart Mt Pocono,visited sporting goods dept for leftover archery accessories and shopped for some clothing,asst manager came close but never questioned me.Shoprite was next food shopping and spent 45 minutes there fully O/C and some looks and one question about what the rights covered for O/Cing seems this lady has an LTCF and wants to try to O/C,I gave her info to help her. Last we went horseback riding and all I was asked would the handgun be secure while riding as I asked if I could canter & gallop a little,there was no problem.This was a very positive O.C experience.Can we hear from others who are recently with the warmer weather O/Cing ?

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Positive O/C Monroe County

Excellent! Thanks for posting!
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Lancaster County)

I went to Pawn Plus in the city. Needed some extra cash and rid of clutter. I was in the shop for about twenty minutes and right before leaving a woman shouted "Ooohh! He has a guunnnnnn"! Clerks and other customers broke out laughing.

(Bucks County)

I drove from Bucks to Pike county today to open up the lake cabin and I wore a t shirt and jeans. I also wore my M&P on my hip OC. I stopped to chat with my neighbor from NJ and he kept glancing down at it, but never spoke a word or asked me about it. We toured his home (in the midst of a remodel) and went our way. I actually thought about messaging MDT for an ammo purchase. I am going out to WVa to shoot, and need a little more 22. I stopped at Wendys in Mt Pocono. No issues. Has any one tried the BBQ place on 191 north of MT Pocono?

Bill67,If your thinking of the BBQ place on 196 ? that is the only one around,Good food,different type of rub they use on the BBQ,smells great taste good,prices can be a little on the high side,but after your first visit you will know if its worth it.Personally I have been watching everything I eat so no more BBQ for me.I also have a pending sale on the 22 although have not had a response back. I also have O/Ced at the Perkins on rt 940 with no issues from manager,but out of staters bug eye a bit,lol.

(Bucks County)

I'll have to try and find that BBQ place next time I'm up to the cabin at Wallenpaupack. We usually go home via Rt 402 and stop at the BBQ place at Pecks Pond. Delicious!

(Lackawanna County)

My husband's ecstatic over the weather. Not because he can open carry now; he just thinks anything under fifty degrees is freezing. We took our kids to McDade Park yesterday. He concealed most of the time, just to avoid an argument with one of the million douchey parents there. But after awhile, he said screw it, and unconcealed.

Today, we went to Kmart, Walmart, and around the neighborhood. No one bats an eye around here, usually. At least not when I'm around, lol. Only once did I ever see someone give him a hard time, and that was awhile ago, in Walmart. Some old man walked up to him and told him it was illegal. He ignored him, and I rolled my eyes. That was it. I miss the funny stuff; he says it's because I always look angry. *shrugs*

(Wayne County)

Marine division 2, how far up on 196 from 611 is the BBQ place, thanks.

(Northampton County)

Warmer weather? I never stopped.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Marine division 2, how far up on 196 from 611 is the BBQ place, thanks.
    It can't be more than 2 miles or 3 at most on the right hand side. Looks like a pretty decent place, but I had a mission today to go to Dublin to check on the Drivers License Center Gun sign, and there's a BBQ place there. Besides, I saw it and couldn't just turn in with the guy tailgating me. It would have been ugly.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast