Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default I CAN'T WAIT ! ! ! (plus Bass pics)

I'm estatic. I started the day by suiting up with one of my favorite hooded sweat shirts. Phone rings, wife says "somebody wants to talk to POP-POP". That's a dead giveaway. It's one of our grandbabies. My oldest grandchild, a Freshman young Lady at Slippery Rock on an athletic scholarship.
    Before I could say 'how are you doin', she says" POP-POP, I want to go hunting with you"
    I grilled her, are you sure, are you sure---She would not back off. When she goes on break, we will start out target shooting, talk some safety, find a PA Hunter Safety Course. I will take her out in the field with binoculars and give her a flavor of safety and hunting. In one of my pictures I am wearing the sweatshirt she gave me 10 years ago. It's a sign. Hit the fields for 2 hours.

I spotted one at about 180 yards. Spooked. Not in a good shooting spot. I moved. Spooked him again. I moved a total of 6 times in almost 2 hours. The problem, I was getting further away. Up he comes out of one of his escape holes. WHEW ! ! This is gonna' be a longie. I was confident, I had the perfect sweat shirt on. He was rock steady, but so was I. BANG ! I saw nothing through the scope. Well I had a good string going, go take a look and pace it off. 260 yards. The first pic shows him smooshed into his escape hole (now 6 for 6). It sure wasn't easy, but you have to do the work, for a chance at success.

The bonus ; I am gonna' go huntin' with a pretty young lady that has her act together---My granddaughter. It can't get any better. I had the right shirt on today.
    fossil
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ImAfossil; April 10th, 2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Add
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Berks County)

Default Re: I CAN'T WAIT ! ! !

Again, thanks for the posts - love reading them. Have a great time with your granddaughter.

(Wayne County)

Seriously sir, job well done on the ground grizzly and it is always good to hear of "young" people (see also: anyone) taking an interest in firearms, shooting sports and/or hunting.
    "Freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. Individual freedom demands individual responsibility."

(Franklin County)

great news!!
    In God We Trust............................

(York County)

That's cool! I wish my daughter would've gotten the bug. Lord knows I tried. I need to take her to the range.

Have fun with the Grandkid. Sounds like she's headed in the right direction. Post pics!

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: I CAN'T WAIT ! ! ! (plus Bass pics)

Took a day off from hunting Chucks. Went down to the pond behind our house This shows that wife and I have common interests. Not one dimensional.

A little early for largemouth, but you be the judge. This Grandma' knows how sling a plastic worm. Motor oil and chartruese 6".

A couple of pics of my wife Shirley at battle with a goodie (20 + inches) (release unharmed). Are there bigger in there----You bet your bippy, therei is.

fossil
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImAfossil View Post
    Took a day off from hunting Chucks. Went down to the pond behind our house This shows that wife and I have common interests. Not one dimensional.

A little early for largemouth, but you be the judge. This Grandma' knows how sling a plastic worm. Motor oil and chartruese 6".

A couple of pics of my wife Shirley at battle with a goodie (20 + inches) (release unharmed). Are there bigger in there----You bet your bippy, therei is.

fossil
    Love the chucks, and fish pics, but man you need a better ruler

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    Love the chucks, and fish pics, but man you need a better ruler

The way I handle a field measurement on fish-----When I spread my hand from the tip of my thumb to the tip of my pinky finger is 9 inches. I got two complete 9s plus another 3 to 4 inches left to go on wife's largemouth-------I just double ckecked the finger spread---YUP ! Still 9 inches.

Legit 21, just maybe 22 inches.-------I'll keep it at 21.

A very, very nice largemouth out of a lil' pond.

fossil
    Last edited by ImAfossil; April 10th, 2014 at 11:39 PM.

(Wayne County)

Nice going Pop Pop, enjoy your time together with your grand daughter. I wish my grandson was old enough, only 5.

(Lehigh County)

Here poop pop, I mean pop pop here was my trip! Having trouble with pic quality sorry.

Last edited by A-5; April 12th, 2014 at 10:34 AM.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.