Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OK, I admit it.

(Adams County)

Talking OK, I admit it.

OK, folks, in the past couple of months I've come to see this forum as like family. I know who (IMHO) is Dad, Mom, the Big Brother who teaches you to drive, the Big Sister who teaches you to smoke, who is cool, funny, smart, smart assed, etc., so I feel like I can confide in you all.

I am a brass whore.

There, I said it, and I feel better for it. I went to the range today, I was the only shooter there. Had 2 bays all to myself. Had up to 5 hours to shoot if I wanted. What did I do? Shot less than 100 rounds and collected probably 600 cases. The sad part? I don't even reload yet. We're waiting for Uncle Sam to send the check until we get a press and some dies. But I digress.

Do I have a problem? Do I need therapy, or God forbid, intervention? I've never been in a straight jacket, but I'm worried that I may have to put one on at the range, because all I see is brass. Maybe I can get one of those cones that they put aroung a dog's neck to keep him from chewing on himself. If I can't see the brass, is it a problem? Should I try to shoot with boxing gloves on? Is there a drug that will make me allergic to brass?

I do believe I can stop at any time, I just have to want to. After all, I'm not hurting anyone. So what if I set the brass up like army men? Have little battles? Nickel plated are the generals, brass brass are the soldiers, aluminum are the dead and wounded. Magnum cases are the honest politicians (not many magnum cases).

So you see my dilemma. Advise is not always kind, I know, but I believe you want the best for me.

Keith
    brassbrassbrass
    PAFOA PROUD!
    USMV M/C

(Chester County)

Default Re: OK, I admit it.

Hey if they leave it, it is any bodies game. You are just frugal and there is nothing wrong with frugal. Especially in today's market!!!

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith4001r View Post
    OK, folks, in the past couple of months I've come to see this forum as like family. I know who (IMHO) is Dad, Mom, the Big Brother who teaches you to drive, the Big Sister who teaches you to smoke, who is cool, funny, smart, smart assed, etc., so I feel like I can confide in you all.

I am a brass whore.

There, I said it, and I feel better for it. I went to the range today, I was the only shooter there. Had 2 bays all to myself. Had up to 5 hours to shoot if I wanted. What did I do? Shot less than 100 rounds and collected probably 600 cases. The sad part? I don't even reload yet. We're waiting for Uncle Sam to send the check until we get a press and some dies. But I digress.

Do I have a problem? Do I need therapy, or God forbid, intervention? I've never been in a straight jacket, but I'm worried that I may have to put one on at the range, because all I see is brass. Maybe I can get one of those cones that they put aroung a dog's neck to keep him from chewing on himself. If I can't see the brass, is it a problem? Should I try to shoot with boxing gloves on? Is there a drug that will make me allergic to brass?

I do believe I can stop at any time, I just have to want to. After all, I'm not hurting anyone. So what if I set the brass up like army men? Have little battles? Nickel plated are the generals, brass brass are the soldiers, aluminum are the dead and wounded. Magnum cases are the honest politicians (not many magnum cases).

So you see my dilemma. Advise is not always kind, I know, but I believe you want the best for me.

Keith
    brassbrassbrass
    PAFOA PROUD!
    Hell collect all the brass you want .... I WANT TO KNOW WHO YOU THINK IS WHO !!!

(Delaware County)

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...ok
    LOL
    sorry, I had to.

I know when I'm shooting and I see people shooting new .40 ammo and they don't pick it up, I usually sweep it in with my pile and take it, but it's only a few casings over what I shoot. People probably think I'm nuts, but with the price of brass going up, who can help but to collect their own!!

I saw 1 guy at the French Creek state park who would shoot 1 round from his ar-15 then go pick up the casing...needless to say, it took him like 10 minutes to shoot a full mag.

Reloading is fun because you get to learn the steps in making sure everything is done properly.

Me, I've only knocked out primers, tumbled them, put the primers back in and sized the casings so far...G/F's dad has done some of the more experienced work like weighing the powder charges, dumping the powder charges and then seating the bullet.

I'm still yet to test fire the new bullets I've loaded....
    Loaded 5 .40 in Remington once fired brass with
    Winchester SPP
    8.9 GR of Blu-dot
    155 Magtech Gold dot JHP

can't wait to see the data on them.

good luck with the reloading.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith4001r View Post

I am a brass whore.

Keith
    brassbrassbrass
    PAFOA PROUD!
    "Brass Whore"... I like that. Not as funny as "Range Chicken", but it works.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Hell collect all the brass you want .... I WANT TO KNOW WHO YOU THINK IS WHO !!!

Hmmm... I've been called "smart", and I've been called a "smart ass".
    I'm pretty sure one of those people were mistaken.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

You are not sick. There is nothing wrong with you. We need to pick up the brass and recycle it. If we leave it, some sick critter will pick it up and sell it for scrap. Brand new brass being sold for scrap. That is sick. Soon you will be picking up and saving brass that you can't use......yet. You'll have 500 rounds of, say, .40 S&W and you don't have a .40 S&W. Well, now you can go get and one because you have a load of brass.
    Last edited by WVBob; June 6th, 2008 at 06:41 PM.

(Berks County)

Considering what brass is selling for these days, i've been considering picking it up at the range just to take it to a scrap dealer. Right now its collected by kids doing community service mostly.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by WVBob View Post
    You are not sick. There is nothing wrong with you. We need to pick up the brass and recycle it. If we leave it, some sick critter will pick it up and sell it for scrap. Brand new brass being sold for scrap. That is sick. Soon you will be picking up and saving brass that you can't use......yet. You'll have 500 rounds of, say, .40 S&W and you don't have a .40 S&W. Well, now you can go get and one because you have a load of brass.
    I've considered turning into one of those sick critters, but only with pistol rounds. everyone i've asked at the range i go to says they only reload rifle cartidges.

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    I've considered turning into one of those sick critters, but only with pistol rounds. everyone i've asked at the range i go to says they only reload rifle cartidges.
    If I went to the range and saw a bunc of .223/5.56 cases you bet your ass id pick them up...dont reload yet either...but plan to.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    If I went to the range and saw a bunc of .223/5.56 cases you bet your ass id pick them up...dont reload yet either...but plan to.
    Thus if i become one of those sick critters, i'll leave rifle cartidges alone. I don't reload, don't plan to, I'd rather see them reloaded than melted down, but if they're just gonna be left laying till the community service kids grab them and toss them in a trash barrel there's no sense seeing them get buried.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast