Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: S&W Weekend

(Monroe County)

Default S&W Weekend

I generally try not to buy too many guns at once, and also generally try to avoid S&W's with locks, but fate brought me two this weekend, both S&W .357 wheelguns with locks. Bottom two in the picture (the top one is my old 66-2 2.5" and my M&P 40 which I had along at the range).

I spent the last month looking for the 627. Don't know why, just wanted one. Couldn't find one but stumbled on the 3" 66-6 for a decent price on Gunbroker. The seller just happened to be local so we did a FTF. Of course the day before I am to pick up the 66 I stumble on the 627. It was an expensive weekend.

Took both out to the range. The 627 is just such a great shooter. Remarkably smooth for a new production gun and appears to be fit and finished very well. The 66-6 is more of a run of the mill Smith (not a bad thing to be). The fiber optic front sight was quick and easy to pick up and both guns shot as accurately as I can shoot a wheel gun. I'm honestly an auto shooter when it comes to serious work, but I love taking the wheelguns out to the range and playing.

It was also nice to get back out to the range twice this weekend and enjoy some sunshine and warmer weather!

AJ

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: S&W Weekend

Your 627 looks like the "Pro Series" model, 4" barrel, 8 shot cylinder, fitted to use moon clips or not at your option. It is the twin of mine.

They're fine revolvers, I'm certain you'll be happy with it and wish you many years of long and successful ventures with it!

In an effort to learn the gun as well as possible I've been shooting as an unclassified gun in in our club matches, if you are into any of the "action shooting" match genres, give it a try!
    Last edited by Brick; April 9th, 2014 at 05:55 PM.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Default Re: S&W Weekend

I love my 642