Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bedford County)

Question Curio and Relic Handguns. Registration or transfer form necessary in PA?

So I am in the process of getting my Curio and Relic FFL. I have found every answer to every question I have had except for this one. I can't find anything that says if you have to fill out the transfer/registration paperwork in PA for handguns that fall under the curio and relic classification if you use you FFL in order to purchase them. Is there anything extra you must do in the state of PA on top of just using you curio and relic FFL in order to buy handguns that fall under this category. Any kind of help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere. Thanks

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Curio and Relic Handguns. Registration or transfer form necessary in PA?

If I remember correctly,,,,,,,, my FFL agreed to accept my C&R only (on qualifying weapons). I've not bought any from him,,,, but he did say that was all I needed.

IANAL.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Curio and Relic Handguns. Registration or transfer form necessary in PA?

Welcome to the C&R world. I think it is one of the best bargains out there today. All you have to do is exchange copies of your C&R licenses. No additional forms are necessary. If you buy multiple guns from the same FFL you don't need to exchange a copy each time even if the transactions take place at different times. As long as you each have a copy of each others license in your file. Just keep detailed records and you are good. Have fun...
    I have so many toys because my wife wont let me have a girlfriend.......

(Delaware County)

If your using your C&R License to buy a C&R qualified firearm, you don't need to go through a dealers licensee for transfer. You can get it sent directly to your license address.
    Last edited by armabill; April 6th, 2014 at 11:40 AM.

(Bedford County)

I just wanted to check on that because of the handguns laws in PA. I figured the FFL made transfers not necessary but I figured I would check with you guys. I really think I'm gonna love this C&R license. The brown truck with be delivering some of my boom sticks now. Doesn't get much better. Anything else you guys think I should be aware of before I go about purchasing any guns with it?

(York County)

Just keep your log book up to date. When you start having 3 rifles show up during the week it is easy to lose track.

(Chester County)

From what I understand, you are considered a licensed dealer, even if its a restricted one. Registering the handgun in the PSP's non-registry registry isn't required for guns that are transferred under your C&R FFL.