Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Chiappa little badger

Anyone have one? I was pursuing an ultra light pack rifle when this little beauty was shown to me. While not exactly ultra light, it is cheap, threaded for a suppressor, very minimalist and quite unique. Plan is now to pick up a pair, one in 22lr the other in 22mag, for my fiance and I. will come in at or just over the price of my pack rifle build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Chiappa little badger

I really like what this guy did to his, but in factory form, I'm not a huge fan of them.

http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/rifle...n-project.html

(Franklin County)

I kinda like his build. My issue is the shear volume of velcro he used. velcro does where out and one quick snag and he can loose something important. I plan on doing something similar, minus the velcro and paint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

(Cambria County)

What do you want to know. Off the top of my head:

-They're accurate.
    -The peep sights work well but depending on the shape of your face it it may be difficult to get your eye down there to get a good sight picture due to the stock. Keep in mind they are plastic. While they'll likely hold up well...a hard drop will likely result in a broken sight.
    -The threaded barrel is nice for a flash hider. If you're going to run a .22LR can then you'll need a shim as the threads were cut long. They're out there and available...don't just use a crush washer. It's a good way to cause a baffle strike.
    -The triggers are nice. I've handled and shot two. Both had crisp and light triggers.
    -Pull the sideplate off when you get yours and clean the grease out of the FCG. It will become a dust magnet and crud up the works.
    -The rails are crap. I'd recommend taking them off all together and wrap the forearm in paracord.
    -As with the reviews online, you'll find that the spare ammo holder in the stock is worthless. The rounds will fall out after some carrying.

All of that said, I like it better than the AR-7. It has a bit of heft to it and it's only a single shot, but it's a fun way to burn up half a brick of ammo in an afternoon.