Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Rude guest with CCW

The only reason I am bringing this to the forum is because of a rude guest who has a CCW permit. What makes him rude is that he is my roommates boyfriend which is perfectly fine, but it is never okay to walk into another persons home and not introduce yourself to all of its occupants. We have passed each other 6 times and not once has he introduced himself. I will not initiate. However, I have told him that he is not welcomed to bring his weapon into my place of residence. He asked why, and his girlfriend (my roommate) asked why, I simply said, 'If you have to ask, then it is not worth telling you.' If he brings it in again and I find out, I will confiscate it and turn it in to the local police. I, too, carry myself, but never into another persons home without first introducing myself and letting them know that I am carrying. It is called respect! I do not know who raised this guy, but I was raised better. He does not cause any problems in the house, but to me I cannot and will not trust a person who does not have respect as a guest. Some generation! Please tell me what you think, and any suggestions you may have. I hope I am clear about my dilemma. Thanks for reading.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Rude guest with CCW

- Hi there, stranger! My name is Valentin and I have a gun.

Je suis déplorable

(Allegheny County)

Come again. I do not follow. Is that a mockery?

(Lancaster County)

Do you have bail money set aside? I'd say that forcibly removing someone's personal property, even though they're inside your home is going to lead to trouble.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Do you have bail money set aside? I'd say that forcibly removing someone's personal property, even though they're inside your home is going to lead to trouble.
    According to Commonwealth law and the local PD, I do have that right. They are after all in MY residence and are not a LEO. He has been warned. My bases are covered. How would you feel if it were you?

(Montgomery County)

Sorry, I don't walk in to a new location and announce that I'm carrying. IMO, and i realize i can take flak for this, the safety of myself and my family trumps everything except the force of law. Concealed is concealed. Did you see his weapon or simply know from your roommate that he carries? Your roommate probably shares equal right to accept or deny people access to your home. I agree the guy should at least say hi once in a while, but if he is invited, this is purely between you and your roommate.

(Beaver County)

Ahhh the "do as I say, not as I do" argument. Been awhile. I'll just say this...

Attempting to disarm someone for doing exactly what you are doing (CC'ing) is not only dangerous, but rudely hypocritical. Thanks for fully supporting the 2nd Amendment!

That is all.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin16 View Post
    The only reason I am bringing this to the forum is because of a rude guest who has a CCW permit. What makes him rude is that he is my roommates boyfriend which is perfectly fine, but it is never okay to walk into another persons home and not introduce yourself to all of its occupants. We have passed each other 6 times and not once has he introduced himself. I will not initiate. However, I have told him that he is not welcomed to bring his weapon into my place of residence. He asked why, and his girlfriend (my roommate) asked why, I simply said, 'If you have to ask, then it is not worth telling you.' If he brings it in again and I find out, I will confiscate it and turn it in to the local police. I, too, carry myself, but never into another persons home without first introducing myself and letting them know that I am carrying. It is called respect! I do not know who raised this guy, but I was raised better. He does not cause any problems in the house, but to me I cannot and will not trust a person who does not have respect as a guest. Some generation! Please tell me what you think, and any suggestions you may have. I hope I am clear about my dilemma. Thanks for reading.
    To me it sounds like you're renting...so property rules default back to landlord, but in this case you do have a right not to permit people in your place of residence....

If you try to forceable remove a firearm from someone without their permission then expect and equal and opposite reaction...And most responsible sane people are not goingto say "Hi, im so and so....i carry a gun, is that ok?"

in PA its LTCF not CCW...

You share "Common" areas with your roommate, and you may not allow someone into your "area" aka room without permission or with a gun, btu the common areas shared by both of you are not subject to your asine rules, unless agreed upon by both people...

Sounds like a personal issue between your roommate and you are using this as leverage or spite....and honestly sound like a backhanded liberal

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I see his point. If you see an armed trespasser on your property, then what would you do?

The biggest legal issue here would probably be a consent of the roommate. IMO.
    Je suis déplorable

(Chester County)

First off, how do you plan on confiscating his firearm? Sounds like you may be running amok legally if you attempt to do so.

Secondly, if your roommate doesn't have a problem with it, I don't think there is much you can do about it minus getting a new roommate. They have rights as well. If you have a problem with a guest of your roommate then that is something you should address with said roommate.

Doesn't sound like anything illegal is occurring and perceived bad manners is not a reason to draw on someone or attempt to steal their property.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast