Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Angry mosin bayonet lug

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the procedure to remove the bayonet lug. I used my dremel with a carbide cutting wheel and made a couple slices on the band. I am as deep as I dare to go and not cut into the barrel. Right now it's soaking in CRC break free and that little sucker shows no signs of giving up. I checked utube and I couldn't find any videos on what to do. I hesitate to put a propane torch on it for fear of hurting the barrel. Does anyone know of a link or vid I could go to. Thanks Joe

(Blair County)

(York County)

Default Re: mosin bayonet lug

I've had some come off easy and I had some that would not come off without heat these looked like they were silver solider on in addition to the two pins.

You can cut the barrel right behind the bayonet sleeve it will still measure over 17.25" and be legal you will just need to re-crown the barrel
    Last edited by edritchey; March 31st, 2014 at 07:19 PM.

I assume its comming off a m44/t53. once you made the cuts try spreading it with a flat tip screwdriver. once it comes off send it to me

(Berks County)

I responded in the same thread you started in "Rifles"

I used my dremel with a carbide cutting wheel and made a couple slices on the band.
    First mistake....dremel tool.

Bayonet lug and front sight are one piece, knock out the 2 pins and it should come off, some slide right off, some need help tapping with a hammer.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer