Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Constitutional carry in Pa. Why not?

Last edited by nolanrenegade; April 5th, 2015 at 05:51 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Constitutional carry in Pa. Why not?

Because the establishment does not trust us of course.

I personally could care less. I also think it just makes it easier for cops to bust certain kinds of individuals that more populated areas likely deal with.

I personally could care less.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by nolanrenegade View Post
    How would it make it easier for cops to bust people?
    It would remove some of the common excuses cops currently use IMO.
    Because it is another law in the books they can use against people they don't like and are armed. Cops are trained to be wary of people especially armed people.

(Montgomery County)

How would it make it easier for cops to bust people?
    It would remove some of the common excuses cops currently use IMO.
    For the same reasons they do now with people; their preconceived misrepresentations of the law (what they think it should be). If a cop WANTS to ruin your day or worse, or the power trip light goes on, or whatever, do you think they will go, "Oh well, it's the law, you can go on your way" or will it be "I don't like you or what you're doing, I AM the law, and we'll let the courts sort it out"? Until BAD cops are personally held responsible for their ILLEGAL actions against the rights of citizens, nothing will change, legal or not...

(Cumberland County)

I support it 100%

Getting an LTCF isn't difficult, but it's a hassle in some counties.

Let's face it. Does have a license to carry really prevent criminals from carrying? The only people who think "I'd like to carry a firearm" but are stopped by the fact that they don't have a license aren't the people we need to be worried about.

It's easy to strap on a gun and walk out of your house with an openly carried firearm, perfectly legally. What's the difference if your jacket covers it?

Even if someone does decide to illegally carry concealed on purpose, nothing is stopping them, other then the small risk of being stopped by a police officer for a (more than likely) separate reason.

States that don't require any kind of paper work to carry concealed don't have increased crime. It's just another way to make money and to have a list of firearm owners.

(Montgomery County)

Almost forgot to mention, would I support constitutional carry? Absolutely. Unfortunately, given the current climate in our state government, it ain't happening. Reform the ways to attach amendments to a bill, and it might have a chance; otherwise, too many poison pills would get attached to the original bill and it will never pass.
    Last edited by Mongo85; March 29th, 2014 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Small typo

(Cumberland County)

the only thing a LTCF does is turn your right to carry into a privilege. when you have to ask permission to carry, it no longer is a right. it's about time to get rid of this infringement.

(Montgomery County)

I don't see that this law would give the cops more reasons to hassle people.
    The cops that are going to push the limits of their authority are the same ones doing it now. So the remedy for that possibility is the same.
    For the most part the bill removes the restrictions in the existing laws, so it's not really another new law.

The most common answer I get from folks I know is " I have my license so I don't care''.
    For some reason they would rather go through the extra BS and have their rights rationed by permission than try to push for less restrictions. Apparently having the govs permission makes them feel special.
    Like I said before in my second posting on this thread, it's just not happening in the near future. Until HB2011 gets through without any amendments, Philly and possibly other municipalities will just keep on with their "We don't like it so we don't care" attitude. Our best bet right now for constitutional carry is to keep winning the small victories working toward the larger goal, and I personally wouldn't mind kicking Philthy out of the Commonwealth; District of Philadelphia has a really nice ring, doesn't it? Would solve a lot of issues, although it might create a few others...

(Mifflin County)

Because until we get rid of the federal "gun free school zone" law, you still need an ltcf to carry legally, anyway? Dropping the state requirement doesn't really do much.

(Franklin County)

Having a LTCF "SHOULD" be a comfort to a LEO who you are interacting with because he should be reasonably sure a LTCF holder has passed a background check that is at least if not more substantial than the one he went through to carry. If LEOs realized that, I could see that as an advantage of having a LTCF. Unfortunitely they don't get that so why have one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast