Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Man pulls gun during argument at gas pumps

"KENNETT SQUARE – A borough man was arrested after he allegedly pulled a gun on a man who was smoking near gasoline pumps at the Landhope Market on Union Street Tuesday afternoon, March 25.

According to Kennett Square Police, Robert J. Chandler, 38, of 301 S. Union Street, Kennett Square, observed a man smoking a cigarette near the pumps at 9:25 a.m. and got into an argument with him. The pumps are less than 100 yards from Kennett High School.

The argument escalated, and Chandler pulled a handgun from his vehicle and pointed it at the victim, whom police are not identifying. Chandler then threatened to shoot the victim, police said.

The victim told Chandler that he was calling police on his cell phone, police said. Chandler then left the scene, but was arrested a short time later in Kennett Township with the assistance of Kennett Township police. The victim gave a description of Chandler and his vehicle, which police said led to his capture.

“We got a good description, and we knew him,” said Ed Zunino, Kennett Square police chief. “We knew where he worked and we went to his place of employment.”

Zunino said the weapon was confiscated.

“Apparently he was upset that he (the victim) was smoking, and one thing led to another,” Zunino said. “We are lucky no one got hurt.”

Chandler was charged with recklessly endangering another person, terroristic threats, simple assault and carrying a firearm without a license."

http://www.dailylocal.com/general-ne...t-at-gas-pumps

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Man pulls gun during argument at gas pumps

Guy smoking at the gas pump? I am driving away, not drawing on him.
    I can hardly wait for the surveillance video of this idiot to show up on the news.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlytrap View Post
    "KENNETT SQUARE – A borough man was arrested after he allegedly pulled a gun on a man who was smoking near gasoline pumps at the Landhope Market on Union Street Tuesday afternoon, March 25.

According to Kennett Square Police, Robert J. Chandler, 38, of 301 S. Union Street, Kennett Square, observed a man smoking a cigarette near the pumps at 9:25 a.m. and got into an argument with him. The pumps are less than 100 yards from Kennett High School.

The argument escalated, and Chandler pulled a handgun from his vehicle and pointed it at the victim, whom police are not identifying. Chandler then threatened to shoot the victim, police said.

The victim told Chandler that he was calling police on his cell phone, police said. Chandler then left the scene, but was arrested a short time later in Kennett Township with the assistance of Kennett Township police. The victim gave a description of Chandler and his vehicle, which police said led to his capture.

“We got a good description, and we knew him,” said Ed Zunino, Kennett Square police chief. “We knew where he worked and we went to his place of employment.”

Zunino said the weapon was confiscated.

“Apparently he was upset that he (the victim) was smoking, and one thing led to another,” Zunino said. “We are lucky no one got hurt.”

Chandler was charged with recklessly endangering another person, terroristic threats, simple assault and carrying a firearm without a license."

http://www.dailylocal.com/general-ne...t-at-gas-pumps
    I could see how it could be argued he feared for his life...as gas fumes and lit cigs normally don't mix well (Zoolander?). That being said, he's still an idiot and when I read the bold the all that coulda woulda shoulda went out the window. Jackass, enjoy county.
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

(Bucks County)

I would think that muzzle flash would be a pretty good ignition source too.

(Wayne County)

What can I say, what can I say. Dumbass.

(Chester County)

I'm at these pumps daily. A lot of people smoke near them, members of my crew included.

(Lawrence County)

Wonder if he plead out of the school zone restriction, or if it was even charged.
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2Late45 View Post
    Wonder if he plead out of the school zone restriction, or if it was even charged.
    Wasn't charged, but it appears he doesn't have an LTCF either:

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...R-0000086-2014

I doubt he'd be charged with the school zone violation unless he was actually on the grounds.

Here's why he couldn't get an LTCF:

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...R-0000127-2012

and

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketS...R-0000178-2000
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

School *zone* restriction is federal, and 1000', and I have no idea how that would play out. Could a local DA make that charge or would the feds have to do it?

Edit: if he is prohibited and still carrying, that is a felony charge they are ignoring.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Holliday93 Guest

While smoking at a gas pump is extremely dangerous, and the guy who was smoking should be charged with something, I think that the guy who pulled a gun out and pointed it at him overreacted. He should have just called the police. It was not his place to act like a lunatic and aim a gun at somebody. It is situations like this that remind me of how many people carry a handgun who are not fit to carry one. It makes me think that there are a lot of hotheads out there who are just waiting for a situation like this so that they can draw their gun and possibly use it. This situation could have been a lot worse. What if the guy who was smoking had a gun, drew it when the other guy pulled out a gun, and shot him because he feared for his life since the guy was screaming and pointing a gun at him? I think that before drawing their gun, people who carry need to realize the possible outcomes of a situation like this.
    Last edited by Holliday93; March 27th, 2014 at 02:08 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast