Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Some information about Glock, and the PSP

I spent yesterday with one of my oldest and best friends, who is in the PSP. He informed me that they are having major issues with the model
    21s they recently switched to. Apparently many of them have been locking up on them at the range. The PSP contacted Glock, and the company went out to the academy, where there has been the highest amount of incidents. The guns were locking up on the cadets as well as the instructors. They replaced all the trigger bars, to no avail. They returned again and modified another part that he wasn't sure of, again to no avail. He told me that the PSP has very recently courted SIG and S&W, and are more than likely going to be transitioning to the M&P.

On another note, I contacted Glock today to obtain a price sheet, as I was planning on ordering another pistol through the blue label discount program that has been available to NRA Instructors for quite a while. Glock no longer supports NRA Instructors. I just figured I'd pass that along to any other NRA Instructors that hang out here.

It sounds like Glock is really dropping the ball.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Perry County)

Default Re: Some information about Glock, and the PSP

Yup, Troopers are now authorized to carry personal guns as their duty gun until the issue is resolved.

I'll be interested to see if Glock takes them in, refurbishes them and then resells them with the PSP patch stamp on them. If not, one of my buddies that just retired may end up with a very rare Glock.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Chester County)

I'd rather have a Sig anyway.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I'd rather have a Sig anyway.
    Me too! At least dogs stand a fighting chance now.
    Last edited by RockIsland; March 24th, 2014 at 03:42 PM.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Yup, Troopers are now authorized to carry personal guns as their duty gun until the issue is resolved.

I'll be interested to see if Glock takes them in, refurbishes them and then resells them with the PSP patch stamp on them. If not, one of my buddies that just retired may end up with a very rare Glock.
    He told me that this is the first time in over 50 years that the PSP has authorized it's personnel to carry their own firearms. Pretty wild.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Somewhere out there is a Trooper salivating at the chance to carry his S&W 500.

(Lycoming County)

They should contact Hi-point. I hear those things are impossible to jam.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Somewhere out there is a Trooper salivating at the chance to carry his S&W 500.
    We were joking that some chuckle-head will be carrying his Desert Eagle.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

I heard there is a push for .357 Sig that the WCOs carry since they have had so many issues with a .45 cal.

(Allegheny County)

Are they 3rd or 4th generation ?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast