Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buds

(Cumberland County)

Default Buds

Wow, I've been buying guns from Buds for a while. I use them for deals that are too good to pass up on. Had a couple issues with my last purchases ( a Mosin that they couldn't figure out what happened to and took 2 weeks to get, then recently my Sig which they gave me the runaround about my ffl because it was expired, then my ffl called it in, and they said I would have to call them in a few days to be sure all was ok, blah, blah, blah ).
    So, I posted my review of the gun, and mentioned in a very pc way that I had minor issue with Buds, but a supervisor got involved and solved it, and I hoped this was a one time issue.
    The review was posted today, and they edited out the part about the small issue with them! WTF !
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Default Re: Buds

If they fixed it, why do they need the review to show the bad? Did you edit the review to show that they solved your problem? I would ask to be allowed to edit or have removed completely. I think it would be fair if your review noted the problem and that there was a solution.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by iamtommyboy View Post
    If they fixed it, why do they need the review to show the bad? Did you edit the review to show that they solved your problem? I would ask to be allowed to edit or have removed completely. I think it would be fair if your review noted the problem and that there was a solution.
    Maybe I'm being too critical, but I just hate when a company edits feedback to take out anything that might be critical of them. It's their choice to do so, but makes me wonder how ethical they are if they feel the need to sensor every review to be sure there is nothing negative about them. I did mention the issues, and that after getting a supervisor involved it was fixed - perhaps not totally pertinent but when giving an overall review - I wanted to give all the facts
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

In all honesty, it clearly states that what you wrote goes against their policy. It say in the comment description that they are only looking for reviews about the product and comments about unrelated things may be deleted. Seems to me that they did exactly what they said they would do. I copied and pasted the disclaimer that appears on the page where you write your review below.

PLEASE LIMIT YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEW RATING TO ONLY THE PRODUCT BEING REVIEWED !
    Although both positive and negative PRODUCT REVIEWS are welcome, reviews containing comments unrelated to the product itself may be deleted. Customers often rely on these product ratings when deciding which item(s) to purchase. Our Product Review forum is reserved for customers to share their actual product experiences, good or bad, with other customers and/or prospective buyers. You are free to post positively or negatively, and in as much detail as you desire, but please refrain from including profanity or other inappropriate comments in your review. Also, please be advised that you may only review an item once, and you will not be able to edit or delete the review once it has been submitted. If you wish to comment on your experience with your local dealer, the manufacturer, us/Buds, or any other non product satisfaction related issue, please proceed to do so in a separate public forum. Any misuse of our Product Review forum will result in deleting of the review and suspension of your Product Review privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    In all honesty, it clearly states that what you wrote goes against their policy. It say in the comment description that they are only looking for reviews about the product and comments about unrelated things may be deleted. Seems to me that they did exactly what they said they would do. I copied and pasted the disclaimer that appears on the page where you write your review below.

PLEASE LIMIT YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEW RATING TO ONLY THE PRODUCT BEING REVIEWED !
    Although both positive and negative PRODUCT REVIEWS are welcome, reviews containing comments unrelated to the product itself may be deleted. Customers often rely on these product ratings when deciding which item(s) to purchase. Our Product Review forum is reserved for customers to share their actual product experiences, good or bad, with other customers and/or prospective buyers. You are free to post positively or negatively, and in as much detail as you desire, but please refrain from including profanity or other inappropriate comments in your review. Also, please be advised that you may only review an item once, and you will not be able to edit or delete the review once it has been submitted. If you wish to comment on your experience with your local dealer, the manufacturer, us/Buds, or any other non product satisfaction related issue, please proceed to do so in a separate public forum. Any misuse of our Product Review forum will result in deleting of the review and suspension of your Product Review privileges.

I think that people should always have enough sense when reviewing a product to not comment on customer service or delivery times. I have seen too many times that a good product had low reviews simply because a place has slow shipping or something. Not saying that this is what you did, just a general comment.

(Berks County)

I read product reviews often where people complain about shipping times so they give it a low rating. I'm just trying to figure out if the product is any good. So I understand where they are coming from.

Holliday93 Guest

I understand their policy about limiting reviews to the product and not their customer service, but what about all of the reviews that say how great Bud's is? It seems that 9 out of 10 reviews end with something like, "Bud's was great as always." It annoys the heck out of me, because it seems like their customers get all excited over normal stuff like order confirmation emails and their order shipping on time. My one experience with them was no better than any other company. I actually don't believe that I even received any confirmation emails. I had to log on to my Bud's account to receive those messages, so I don't understand why everyone praises this company so much. I understand their review policy, but it's not right to delete every negative comment while leaving up every positive one. This post leads me to believe that they add in all of the "Bud's was great as usual" crap, because it seems odd that so many people would make such similar comments.
    Last edited by Holliday93; March 23rd, 2014 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holliday93;2682525ny
    so I don't understand why everyone praises this company so much. I understand their review policy, but it's not right to delete every negative comment while leaving up every positive one.
    Maybe......maybe not. It seems to be as simple as good business to leave positive reviews up. I know if I ran a business, I would not leave reviews up on my website that I pay for that might drive business away to another site. And I would leave comments that praised my company.

This post leads me to believe that they add in all of the "Bud's was great as usual" crap, because it seems odd that so many people would make such similar comments.
    I've included the "Buds has been good as usual line" in reviews I've done on their site. I doubt I am the only one.

Holliday93 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I've included the "Buds has been good as usual line" in reviews I've done on their site. I doubt I am the only one.
    I see where you're coming from. It's just that I've never seen so many similar comments about a retailer on any other website. It just gets repetitive after a while.

(Berks County)

You can leave a google, yellow pages or yelp review for that. Theres others too. I've done it. If you google buds gun shop the second result is yelp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast