Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Quick legal question.

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    You read through the thread I linked you to and get your gun back, that's how you make sure it doesn't end up as a drop gun for a crime scene.
    Now that I am on my laptop and not using my phone, I am reading through all the posts. Thanks alot.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    I know the main issue is getting your property back.

However, I would really want to know why they went to your house. I would be concerned if he was using your address during an arrest or some other 'procedure' to hide his actual place of residence or who he is with (or to just plain remain hidden).

If he did, I would immediately separate myself from him and anyone associated with him. Protect your identity as well. You are a prime target. Drugs make people do stupid things to those around them. I hope your aunt also avoids him. If she doesn't then she really does not have her family's back so to speak.
    I agree that both of the situations are high priority. My biggest concern living in Philly is that MY gun could end up in the wrong hands and that could be a whole other fiasco. I am building as much distance as I can between me and him as I can. My aunt can pick whatever side she wants.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Did the Police leave a Copy of the Search Warrant? If so did they leave your Copy of what they had taken?
    I have the copy of the search warrant but all it has written on it is "HANDGUN" and no specifics about the handgun. They left my ammo that was not in the magazine and my lock box.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    ^^^^ this.

First, I would go to the PPD with your sales receipt and demand it back if they are pressing no charges, make a deal of the fact they didn't give you a proper receipt for property. If they don't, first call your state rep and explain the situation and explain what you are going to do, try and get their help. Then I would visit the DA with your sales slip and explain the PPD did not give you a proper receipt, no charges were filed against you, and they will not give you your weapon back with proof of ownership. Insist the DA either work with police to return your firearm in X days, or insist they take a stolen weapon report and file charges. Absolutely get a copy of the police report w/r/t the raid so you can get names of all PPD involved. Remember all of these people work for you!
    Thanks for the detailed response. I plan on stopping by my State Reps office first thing Monday morning. I went to NARCO Division and of course the officer was out in the field and never returned my call.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mexiCraig View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response. I plan on stopping by my State Reps office first thing Monday morning. I went to NARCO Division and of course the officer was out in the field and never returned my call.
    Thats the kind of service id expect. Keep on it buddy, nothing will happen unless you force the issue.

(Philadelphia County)

This is why YOU DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE. Why in the world would you tell the fucking pigs about your gun or where you store it? Lawyer up ASAP.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLom View Post
    This is why YOU DO NOT TALK TO THE POLICE. Why in the world would you tell the fucking pigs about your gun or where you store it? Lawyer up ASAP.
    Well I'm new to the whole gun ownership thing (about a month) so I assumed I had to tell them once they kicked in my door since they would've found the lockbox anyway.

(Lawrence County)

Now that I am on my laptop and not using my phone, I am reading through all the posts. Thanks alot.
    Yeah, I wouldn't even want to attempt to read that thread on a phone, lol. If you pm viper I'm sure he'll help you out too, he's no fan of the PPD. It took him a while but he did get it back with no money out of pocket. Nobody wants to see you let this go because that just empowers them to do the same thing to the next guy. I doubt your State Representative is going to help, they're probably a crooked Philly politician too but it's worth a phone call.

(Philadelphia County)

Well I'm new to the whole gun ownership thing (about a month) so I assumed I had to tell them once they kicked in my door since they would've found the lockbox anyway.
    Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123