Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: McCain's Sons

(Wayne County)

Default McCain's Sons

FYI: Just got this and thought you might find it interesting

Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.

Talk about putting your most valuable where your mouth is! Apparently this was not 'newsworthy'enough for the media to comment about. Can either of the other presidential candidates truthfully come close to this? ... Just a question for each of us to seek an answer, and not a statement.

You see...character is what's shown when the public is not looking. There were no cameras or press invited to what you are about to read about, and the story comes from one person in New Hampshire.

One evening last July, Senator John McCain of Arizona arrived at the New Hampshire home of Erin Flanagan for sandwiches, chocolate-chip cookies and a heartfelt talk about Iraq. They had met at a presidentia l debate, when she asked the candidates what they would do to bring home American soldiers - - soldiers like her brother, who had been killed in action a few months earlier.

Mr. McCain did not bring cameras or press. Instead, he brought his youngest son, James McCain, 19, then a private first class in the Marine Corps about to leave for Iraq. Father and son sat down to hear more about Ms. Flanagan's brother Michael Cleary, a 24-year-old Army First Lieutenant killed by an ambush .. a roadside bomb.

No one mentioned the obvious: In just days, Jimmy McCain could face similar perils. 'I can't imagine what it must have been like for them as they were coming to meet with a family that .....' Ms. Flanagan recalled, choking up . 'We lost a dear one,' she finished.

Mr. McCain, now the presumptive Republican nominee, has staked his candidacy on the promise that American troops can bring stability to Iraq. What he almost never says i s that one of them is his own son, who spent seven months patrolling Anbar Province and learned of his father's New Hampshire victory in January while he was digging a stuck military vehicle out of the mud.

Two of Jimmy's three older brothers went into the military. Doug McCain, 48, was a Navy pilot. Jack McCain, 21, is to graduate from the Naval Academy next year, raising the chances that his father, if elected, could become the first president since Dwight D. Eisenhower with a son at war.

I chose to share this with those who I believe will pass it on, to others who will pass it on. We hear so much inflated trash out there. How about a simple act of kindness ... and dedication to others placed above oneself?

Has anybody heard if Barack Hussei n Obama has served in The American Armed Services?

This is for all you Barack voters.

From Barack's book, Audacity of Hope:

'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

HE DID NOT SAY STAND WITH AMERICANS!!!!!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: McCain's Sons

Even though I am not completely for John McCain I believe that he has the life experience necessary to finish the conflict in Iraq. Obama and Team Billary are just telling people what they want to hear.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

(Luzerne County)

While I don't think one has to have military experience to lead (Cheney, Reagan, etc), I do think it says a hell of a lot when they do...and not just serve, but go into combat...and send their own into combat.

I completely disagree with the Iraq thing, I think it was a huge mistake...but you have to respect McCain's viewpoint because he his willing to stake his family on it. It means so much more than just some empty rhetoric at a podium, talking to a roomful of suits. And the thing is, I'll bet you millions of people don't even know because he doesn't pull a 9/11-Ghouliani or a (tossed)purple-heart-Kerry about it.

(Pike County)

McCain’s grandfather worked his way through the ranks from NCO to a Task Force Commander (or Admiral or something) in WW2 (there at the Japanese Treaty signing), his father was a Captain in WW2, and he was the highest ranking POW in Nam. It would stand to reason at least 1 of his sons would follow tradition.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid-a-hand on.
    I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Wayne - The Shootist

Many of the truths we cling to... depend greatly on our own point of view. - Obi-Wan Kenobi