Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Alien Gear Holsters - Who uses one?

I'm looking at Alien Gear Holsters. Who has one, and what do you think? Compared to similar "hybrid holsters" (leather body, kydex frame, two clips), are there any other brands you prefer over them? For the price are there any better options?

I plan on ordering one for a S&W M&P 9 full sized and an extra shell for a Ruger SR9c.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Alien Gear Holsters - Who uses one?

I have one for my 27 and it's really easy to forget i have it on.

took me about 3 weeks to get it after ordering
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Westmoreland County)

I bought one for a full size 1911, figured for $30 how bad could it be? Overall it's pretty good, the kydex needed a little tweaking and the finish was on par with a $30 holster. The leather is thick but still pliable and the spring clips hold it quite well. So well that it's tough to slide once clipped to the belt. The adjustable cant works as they claim. For $30 it's tough to pass up.
    The activity of the mind is life. -Aristotle

Using one for my XDs .45 and really like it. It is comfortable and highly adjustable. Their in a lifetime warranty plus the ability to swap out shells for free, they have me convinced.

Here's another post with some reviews:

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-car...wb-review.html
    Last edited by iamtommyboy; March 20th, 2014 at 12:54 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I'm looking at Alien Gear Holsters. Who has one, and what do you think? Compared to similar "hybrid holsters" (leather body, kydex frame, two clips), are there any other brands you prefer over them? For the price are there any better options?

I plan on ordering one for a S&W M&P 9 full sized and an extra shell for a Ruger SR9c.
    For a little extra $$, I'd highly recommend looking into firearmholster.com. I bought one from Gavin (owner/maker) for my 1911, and couldn't be happier with it. Right around $50 and only took four weeks from the time I placed the order. He'll also work with you to do custom color combo's in your leather and stitching.

My father just bought one from Alien Gear, and I will say, for the price, there is really nothing to complain about. Fit and finish aren't quite as nice as some of the higher dollar rigs, but it's good, and for the money, it's much nicer than anything else in it's price range. It's also got the added bonus that, you can buy just the Kydex for it, and switch it out easily yourself should you want to switch to a different gun.

I have one for my p229. Its a good holster overall. It doesn't move around on my belt and the cant doesn't move around slightly throughout the day as some holsters can do. It is very comfortable and I actually prefer it over my $100 leather holster. However, it is much harder to put on than my leather holster so it is reserved for my days off where I won't have to put it on and take it off during the day for work. I really like how adjustable the holster is with ride height and cant.

Then when you consider how cheap it was, that bumps it up to "great" in my opinion
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Allegheny County)

I've had mine now for 5 or 6 months.. It's holding up very well.. and I really like it.. I can't compare it to any other brands out there as this is the first holster of this type I've ever owned. But from feed back I've seen on the different forums ... its a very good holster that may OR may not have the total fit and finish of the Others.. but its 1/2 to 1/3 the price

I have one for my P226, with another shell for my SP2022. compared to other Hybrid Holsters I have , I prefer it the most. Shells can be changed out in A couple minutes, and with using the same leather for 2 guns is much more comfortable .

(York County)

I have been carrying my Ruger SR-40 in a Crossbreed Supertuck for about 3 years now and have nothing bad to say about the CB holster. It is comfortable and I barely know it's there.
    Now, I just recently bought the Ruger SR-40C with a Crimson Trace laser sight and decided to try the Alien Gear holster since it cost less than half the price of the CB. I have only carried with it 3 days so far but it seems like it will do well. It just needs a little more break in time. It does have a slight different feel to it when I draw but I also blame some of that on the smaller gun that I am carrying. Once I break this holster in I plan to switch back and forth. All in all so far I feel that the Alien Gear is a great CC holster for the price.

(Westmoreland County)

I have one for my Sig 1911. Took about 4 weeks to get. No nproblems with it at all. Cant beat the price or warranty.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast