Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Polished a Glock Trigger Bar

Hello,

I am always looking for ways to kill time during the night (I switched to overnights,) so I broke out the Mother's Mag Polish and put it to the Glock smooth-face trigger/trigger bar I just received from Ghost Inc.

Before:

After:

Took about an hour, and now I can see myself in it.

Smile Re: Polished a Glock Trigger Bar

Looks good ! Let us know if it also improves trigger pull etc. I have done my Revolvers over the years,action jobs,polishing,jeweling,while time consuming,the efforts are well worth the time,my trigger pulls on my revolvers are Slicker Than Snot ! lol.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Polished a Glock Trigger Bar

I'm curious as to whether or not it effects trigger pull. Good job!
    Junior

While I always polished my toys, there needs to be fair warning, NEVER polish or change the action of a service gun, and beware if you have to use your gun for self defense as lawyers love to pick at things and a finely tuned or polished action that reduces trigger pull is one thing they are really fond of.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

While I always polished my toys, there needs to be fair warning, NEVER polish or change the action of a service gun, and beware if you have to use your gun for self defense as lawyers love to pick at things and a finely tuned or polished action that reduces trigger pull is one thing they are really fond of.
    Wow. Good to know.

Meanwhile, my lawyer will convince the judge and jury that my tuning was done for more accuracy for the safety of bystanders.

Pass the popcorn....

(Bucks County)

Here's a reason not to polish certain parts. That trigger bar makes a slight contact. The polishing is aimed at reducing drag. Think about this...place a piece of clean glass on another piece of clean glass. What happens? A vacuum action forms and separating the two becomes difficult. That phenomenon can occur with mechanical parts that move against each other. Two highly polished surfaces with a little bit of lube in between may increase drag...the exact opposite of the goal.

(Bucks County)

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't thought of surface tension and fluid dynamics as a reason not to do it. I suppose it is similar to why a motorcycle's rear wheel (the ones with a wet clutch) still spins with the clutch pulled in.

As for legality, this is mostly going to be used for target shooting, but may end up in the rotation once i make a holster for it. All my guns are modified, so i guess i am screwed no matter what i carry.

Anyway the trigger does feel a little crisper and smoother (i polished the contact surfaces on the Ghost Ranger connector, striker and safety plunger as well.) Along with the usual spring changes, it is turning into one of my favorite frequent shooters.
    Last edited by tialloydragon; March 21st, 2014 at 12:29 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    You got a citation for a single case on that?

Mods that imply your increased intent to kill, I will give you. Like say, loading self defense rounds with 20% over max load to increase over standard load impact energy.

Mods that give you a lighter or smoother trigger pull? If we are talking about an accidental discharge, then, ok, your mods to make the trigger easier to pull could bite you, but if we are talking about an intentional self defense shooting, I have yet to hear any real position that the trigger being lighter or smoother had any impact on your intent to kill someone.

Get me a citation a real case and I will believe it, but until then, I file this away with so many other urban legends about guns.

(Montgomery County)

I polished some of the trigger parts on my glock.

My glock armorer looked at it and asked if it ever went full auto or doubled. I said no.. He said other than polishing some parts I should not have, I did a good job.. LoL

That was enough to just let my gunsmith take car of that stuff..

I've shot with people that insist on kitchen table gunsmithing and you don't normally want to stand to close to them while they are shooting.
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Bucks County)

Ok. Here's a new development. I installed the trigger bar and came across an issue I am not sure how to remedy. I figure i would just add to this thread instead of starting a new one.

The new trigger bar is shaped differently than the one with which it came (the G23 is supposed to be a Gen3.) The top portion that contacts the striker is more "indented" than the one that came with the gun, so it can't fully clear the ejector housing. So when depressing the trigger, it slides over the ejector housing, clicks, and can't slide back over it unless I cycle the slide. The result is a trigger with 1/2 the travel of the other one, which I like. However, the trigger does not travel far enough forward for the trigger safety to work. There is no Gen4 "bump" on the trigger bar

Here are some pics:

This is the trigger bar the firearm came with:

Here is the trigger bar I am trying to fit (the one on top):

And here they are next to each other:

I google imaged Glock trigger bars and I have not seen any other trigger bars that look like the one that came with the gun.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast