Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default [Defcon 1: Quakertown, PA] Owned & Operated By Former U.S. Army Airborne Rangers

DEFCON-1 great shop, Owned & Operated By Former U.S. Army Airborne Rangers.

Right in Quakertown- PA, A good place to visit if you are in the SE PA area.

They have a 25 yard gun range on site, Gunstore upfront and the rest of the shop is misc. gear(anything from cleaning kits to boots) Mostly Blackhawk stuff. Just ordered an EOtech through them. They should be getting the online store up and running again soon but it is nice to be able to see and try the gear they have in person.
    Last edited by zXzGrifterzXz; March 25th, 2006 at 02:47 AM.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"
    Zombie Squad Member

(Bucks County)

Its right on Route 309. We were last up there for their Customer Appreciation Day. If I'm not mistaken, you can only shoot Frangible Ammo in their inside range. There was talk about building a addition but don't know how that was coming.

(Lehigh County)

Here's what I got from the manager there:

"You can bring your own AR15, as long as it has a 16" barrel or below. You
    must buy our frangible ammunition to use on the range though. The price
    is $9 for a box of 20 for .223. Range time is $8 per half hour or $14 per
    hour. Thanks."

(Montgomery County)

my only complaint with those guys is its high retail prices:-)

(Lehigh County)

Default Full Auto Rental

Also got this from the manager:

"The machine gun rentals are $25 for a half hour, plus the cost of ammo. We have MP5 9mm's and M16's to rent. Average cost for the rental and 100rds is $60. You may bring your own targets, eye and ear protection if you wish"

(Carbon County)

Thumbs up Great Shop

If you are into military and police style equipment, this place is the best I know of. The last I checked the web site, they also offer classes on basic shooting and self defense as well as more advanced techniques. I havn't taken one myself but given the military background of these guys, I'd have to guess that the traning would probably be awsome.

I went to Defcon 1 a few months ago...kewl guys to talk to...I was in the Army, so we talked about our Army days.

The prices at the shop were high, so I didn't buy anything. At the time I worked part time for French Creek Outfitters (prices were also too high), so we talked about gun shops in the area. I am used to resonable prices because I used to live in Harrisburg....I am still surprised at the prices I see at the local gun shops.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: [Defcon 1: Quakertown, PA]

Hi guys. Thanks for the kind words. It's true what Mr. Warner says, he's purchased my retail stuff and will now carry my retail lines at his place. The business name has always been Defense Condition 1, Defcon 1 for short. Beleive me, it's a real heart breaker to move out of there with the following we built up, etc. and good friends we made along the way. I'll miss everyone, but will still see you from time to time. Rich is right on, we're doing agency and LE sales / Govt only foreign and domestic. This endeavor is going well for those of you who are interested. I will maintain a small showroom in the future in our offices when we determine where we'll land (I will post our new location and number) and for those of you loyal folks, I'll always hook you up. The guy Rich can't remember (Vish) is heading up the international efforts. You all know him from gunshows. If you talk to John Gray from Clayton's, he may tell you of the stuff hopefully in the next 6 months coming in from out of the 48 that we're starting to work on in conjunction with selling Internationally. I'll try to work with Rich also on some stuff. But I can't get him to pick up all the rest of his stuff for starters. Rich! call me so you can pick up your stuff!!!! Anyone interested in continuing a shop in my old location, let me know. We made a good business there, but nothing lasts forever. On to bigger and better things. I'm posting the range, check it out, anyone want it? check under ranges.