Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Elverson Rod and Gun Club

Quote Originally Posted by GTO454 View Post
    Peter,

WOW! Should be reported for trolling? ..…. I was simply making an observation & forming an opinion. Isn’t that what discussion forums are all about? I am a believer in free thought & I am pretty sure we still have a 1st amendment. The fact that you responded so vigorously to my post, tells me I may have hit a nerve (or perhaps the truth). I was joining the discussion, that’s all.
    I'm not looking to get into a pissing contest with anyone, but you post says "From reading other threads, Northern Chester County Sportsmen's Club has serious mismanagement problems..." and you go on to detail the "problems".

To me you are stating "facts" on what other people have posted (hearsay).

If it was your "opinion" you wanted to reflect, you should have said I "THINK" they may have problems based on what I have read, and referenced said readings.

In full disclosure, I am a newer member @ NCCSC, and don't know all the details of whats going on with management. I have read whats posted on these forums and received various communications from the club. The real truth in it all has yet to be seen by me yet, so I am withholding judgement on all parties.
    Ignorance is bliss!

(Chester County)

Hello interested parties,

The “Advisory” below is an addendum to my original post, which was posted on the Elverson Rod and Gun Club thread, post #4. This may be construed as schooling for “attacking the messenger”.

For those looking for ranges, I missed Tri-Town Gun Club in Honeybrook and Morgantown Gun Club on Hwy 10 south of Hwy 23.

It was not my intention to wade into the NCCSC fracas. However, I have found these threads to be a useful case study for my students.

In response to Peter’s comment on hearsay post #10 Elverson Rod and Gun Club thread, when information is obtained from a known trusted source, it is not typically considered hearsay. Otherwise, reason dictates, most information on the news would be considered hearsay.

Advisory:
    I believe this posting is only to advise citizens to avoid Northern Chester County Sportsman’s Club. It appears from reading threads about NCCSC that it’s currently, very poorly managed. The club President and remaining board seem to have what appears to be a problem. Posted on NCCSC thread #66 now states that the club President and board have started a lawsuit against their own club Membership Secretary. Does this sound like a well managed club, or one people should avoid?

Reading these threads indicate to this reader, a serious conflict of interest by the instructors. If indeed, the instructors are being paid for classes, there is a violation of federal tax law for non-profits. Instead of supporting the end of instruction to maintain tax-exempt status, the club President and board are continuing support of the instructors at the expense of the membership. This apparent symbiotic relationship allows instructors to continue their for-profit money making. It appears that the instructors also hold appointed positions at the club, such as “sergeant at arms”, “range safety officer(s)” or “chief range safety officer” which clearly indicates to me, a conflict of interest. Further still, it appears that these instructors are intimidating members who dissent at meetings or elsewhere.

I believe that the club President as well as remaining board members and instructors are aware of this for-profit prohibition, but are willfully choosing to continue on their current path citing it is good for the membership. The Club’s tax exempt status definitely appears to be at risk due to the above mentioned factors, which are in contradiction to non-profit Federal Law. This choice of inaction by the club President and remaining board may result in very large taxes, interest, and penalties.

With a few strokes of a keyboard, you can find the link to tax-exempt restrictions regarding 501 (c) (7) organizations. I believe this “Advisory” should continue in effect until such time as the club President, remaining board members, appointed board members, trustees etc. are removed from office and for profit instruction is ended. My research indicates an election in November. I do not rely on hearsay, I use research and deductive reasoning.

(Chester County)

So Mr. GTO let's set this up so all can understand. You read postings from exactly 1 person and are now an expert on the running of NCCSC. Tell us what the relationship is between you and HenrikGeorge124.
    You state " known and trusted source ". So you know him and trust him?
    You state "as a case study for your students". So when did educators become judge and jury. Any "teacher" that I have known would never interfere with the evidence that his students were evaluating. It is not a case study if you participate. Deductive reasoning is the furthest thing from what you are doing.
    Your "facts" are completely wrong none of the things you say are tax problems are a problem. ARE YOU A MEMBER OF NCCSC? How do you know what is being done by the Board? ARE YOU OR WERE YOU A BOARD MEMBER OF NCCSC? You and the other poster have only been on here for a few weeks and have posted almost exclusively lies about NCCSC. You have already gotten in trouble for breaking posting rules. By the way no one believes you because you are an obvious FAKE. Please answer my questions.
    Last edited by PeterParker357; September 22nd, 2014 at 05:08 AM.

(Chester County)

I've got no dog in this fight but Peter, how can you claim he's an obvious "FAKE" when he provided a detailed list of issues and you've refuted exactly none of it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12