Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default New York City - Not the same.

I'm not sure why I am posting this but most of today was spent in Brooklyn where other than having lunch at Peter Luger Steak House (yeah, its really as good as they say), I spent some time looking at the southern tip of Manhattan and was again struck how weird it looks without the Twin Towers. When actually in Manhattan its not so noticeable but from across the river its like looking at a super model with her two front teeth missing. The guys I was with all grew silent at the view and we all realized that we were getting more angry by the minute.

I understand that "Never Forget" is just a catch phrase these days but I just wanted to share my experience today.

(York County)

Default Re: New York City - Not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    I'm not sure why I am posting this but most of today was spent in Brooklyn where other than having lunch at Peter Luger Steak House (yeah, its really as good as they say), I spent some time looking at the southern tip of Manhattan and was again struck how weird it looks without the Twin Towers. When actually in Manhattan its not so noticeable but from across the river its like looking at a super model with her two front teeth missing. The guys I was with all grew silent at the view and we all realized that we were getting more angry by the minute.

I understand that "Never Forget" is just a catch phrase these days but I just wanted to share my experience today.
    Yeah I hear you... I get angry when I stop and think about it. I don't ever want to forget what I felt that day when they struck at the symbols of our great land in an attempt to bring us down. I remember seeing the plane that came down here in PA when it was above Cleveland. I have pictures of 9-11 on my desktop.

when the next attack comes I would give anything to be in a place to stop it with a gun... having the media report an armed civilian stopping a terrorest with a concealed weapon would be awesome!

(Chester County)

Default Re: New York City - Not the same.

I lived in NY when the towers were knocked down. I saw the smoke in the distance. The poeple of that area were devistated by this attack. All the bedroom communities of NJ,LI, westchester NY all felt the attack real hard. Many loved ones died. I heard many stories of this guy died in 911.

Unfortunately many people of today forgot how bad this was. When I was a kid I went to the top of the empire state building as well as windows on the world(twin towers restaurant).

I feel America went to sleep again. Most are in denial. They think it was a one time thing and it will not happen again. Well how will we stop it if we dont activly persue these bad guys. I am so upset to see these people politicize this war. They say Iraq is not part of the war on terror. Nonsense. It is only one part. a battle. we must not give up on this otherwise in the future these people will see us as weak. Then the next attack they know we will do nothing. We will get up on a podieum and say now we condem this and if you do it agin we will come after you.

Kind of the way we treat criminals. kind of funny how the lax attitude towards criminals in this country is the exact attitude the same liberals have towards terrorists. Most American people are buying it hook line and sinker!