Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Need Gunsmith For Antique Bayard Pistol

My dad has a .25 Bayard pocket pistol that his father won in a carnival sometime before WWII, I think it's the 1908 model. We believe that my grandfather fired the box of ammunition that came with the pistol, then never fired it again. He also never cleaned it.

We're pretty sure that it needs a new barrel. What I'm positive of is that we really need someone with expertise to look at it for us. I would love to have it rehabbed so that we can shoot it without worries. I live about 20 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. I don't really care if the gunsmith is near here. That would be great, but to get someone appropriate to the task I would not mind shipping the pistol to them.

Any recommendations will be appreciated. For some reason I don't seem to have any trouble finding gunsmiths who specialize in rifles, but finding someone for this pistol is pretty much beyond me. Ideally I'd like to discuss it with a gunsmith via email.

Thanks for reading this.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Need Gunsmith For Antique Bayard Pistol

Talk to Carlisle Gun Works . Mike did a Forehand Wadsworth for me It was made in 1871-1890 and only 2000 were made I believe. He worked on it between jobs to keep the cost down. carlislegunworks.com