Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default BREAKING: ATF Raids Ares Armor In Direct Violation of Court Issued Restraining Order

http://gunssavelives.net/gun-industr...raining-order/

UPDATE 3/16: Apparently the temporary restraining order obtained by Ares Armor was revised to include a clause to “not restrain lawful criminal proceedings”. So, I guess the ATF considers breaking into a business and stealing its computers and records is a “lawful criminal proceeding”. I guess the people who bought the lowers in question can expect some kind of contact from the ATF. Fun times.

AR-15 aresWe’ve always said that a restraining order is just a piece of paper. Usually we’re referring to defensive gun uses when we say that. However, in this case we have the government violating a restraining order issued by… the government.

As we reported earlier this week, the ATF has demanded that Ares Armor, along with some other vendors, turn over their customer records in relation to an 80% lower that may have actually been a firearm under law. Ares agreed to stop selling the product in question as well as turn over their stock to the ATF, however they refused to provide their customer records.

Fearing a raid by the ATF after the refusal, Ares sought a restraining in order against the ATF in court. They were granted a restraining order, and both sides were supposed to show up in court next week. However, the ATF didn’t like that one bit. So, what did they do? Oh, just violated the crap out of that restraining order and raided Ares anyway.

The following messages were posted to Jeremy Tuma’s Instagram account. Tuma is the Chief Operating Officer of Ares Armor.

Based on that last message, it sounds like computers were confiscated. You can bet that the ATF will be holding on to those for a good while as they pour over the company’s private records about their customers and operations.

Ares Armor sells what are referred to as 80% lowers. They are AR-15 lower receivers that still require a fair amount of machining before they are considered firearms under current laws. This means whoever finishes the machining on the lower is the manufacturer. As long as the person making it never attempts to transfer it to another person, this is completely legal (I am not a lawyer, please contact your lawyer with questions regarding gun manufacture and ownership. Check all state and local laws).

You know things are bad when one branch of the government won’t honor a legal document issued by another branch of government.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Berks County)

Default Re: BREAKING: ATF Raids Ares Armor In Direct Violation of Court Issued Restraining Or

So easy to pull a hard drive out. Microwave it, bury it, smash it, torch it.

If you don't have high expectations you can't be disappointed.

What kind of records are there for a 80% paid for in cash? You'd think anyone buying an 80% would be smart enough to brin cash.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Default Re: BREAKING: ATF Raids Ares Armor In Direct Violation of Court Issued Restraining Or

The hypocrisy and double standards are beyond crazy.

If an individual violated a restraining order...

how is this Breaking news it happen yesterday

(Centre County)

Our gov't is so magically FUCKED!
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Cumberland County)

Nutfancy interviews the owner of Ares Armor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBVzsfF_wIM

Helps that Nutfancy went down to Ares Armor not to long ago in support of the whole local debate they were facing over the billboard over their building.

(Allegheny County)

My customers info? Sorry that was all encrypted on a jump drive that I lost in a terrible boating accident.
    "Governments... derive their just powers from the consent of the governed."

So not even other feds can stop the feds...

(Allegheny County)

They should have encrypted or moved that data offsite as soon as the ATF "requested" it.

I hope they have their lawsuit cannon ready.

(Northampton County)

Fucking jack-booted thugs.

Where is Al Qaeda when you need them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast