Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Walther PPX M1 9mm

Anyone have one, shot one, or know about them? Wifey is interested in one, but I'm not familiar with them. I've tried the search, but no good results came up.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Walther PPX M1 9mm

Get the M2 version better trigger, althougth the price on the M1 has been coming down making it the bargain buy.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Lehigh County)

Is there an M2 in the PPX? I looked at their site and couldn't fine one.

(Northampton County)

you are correct I am referring to the PPQ M2, I should not post until I have had several cups of coffee in the morning. I personal like their poly framed pistols they are very ergonomic- just fit the hand well. the best trigger however is the PPQ M2 version has the best trigger out of their pistols. Better trigger allows for better accuracy -spend the extra money you will be happy with the results.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Lehigh County)

I understand, and if it were for me I'd get it, but this is for the wife. She has a max budget in mind and good luck talking her into spending more.

(Philadelphia County)

As I understand it:

PPX is essentially a DAO gun. Don't know if it has 2nd strike capability. Takes different mags(?)

PPQ (m2 or non m2) has a Glock trigger more or less (striker partially precocked before firing)

P99 is DA/SA although they have made DAO versions. Does have 2nd strike capability.

All are striker fired.

(Lehigh County)

Not sure about the striker fired part. From the ppx manual, "The PPX is a hammer fired semi-automatic pistol with constant trigger pull."

http://cdn1.waltherarms.com/wp-conte...Manual-PPX.pdf

Does anyone here own one? Trying to decide if it's worth a price of $420 out the door.

(Clearfield County)

I handled one at a shop already, that was enough to convince me that I don't want one. Ergonomics of a hi-point.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    you are correct I am referring to the PPQ M2, I should not post until I have had several cups of coffee in the morning. I personal like their poly framed pistols they are very ergonomic- just fit the hand well. the best trigger however is the PPQ M2 version has the best trigger out of their pistols. Better trigger allows for better accuracy -spend the extra money you will be happy with the results.

I just read the mags are not compatible between m1 and m2 PPQs. What the hell were they thinking there?!

Cfurlo: you are right. The PPX is hammer fired. It is DAO but apparently it is partially pre cocked or something - it does not have 2nd strike capability. I've been reading up on the model and it is somewhat of a "budget" model compared to the PPQ and P99.

(Lehigh County)

I read a review from when they came out that said the same thing, sort of. I've never handled one as I haven't seen one or really looked for them as I wasn't in the market for them.

The PPX caught my wife's eye yesterday in the cabelas flyer and she interested in it. I found a price locally, but that was through davidsons, and I'm not sure if the shop stocks them.

Was looking for input from current or past owners regarding their shoot ability and how they held up over time, before we waste time calling or driving around trying to find one to look at.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast