Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: M&P woe...

(Centre County)

Default M&P woe...

I couldn't decide to go with G17 or M&P.
    Since I couldn't, and I paid off my layaway, I picked up what I had in Layaway, which was G17 week ago.
    But I kept thinking about how nice M&P fit my hand, So I picked it up today...

Its everything I wanted the M&P for. Fits perfect to my hand, and its about as reliable as Glock, and its American made(although, my G17 is American made as well...). And even got free Glock desk mat.

... And I knew this even before I bought the gun. And I thought I can deal with it, and I know Im going to fix it eventually, but...

WHY IS TRIGGER ON M&P PISTOL SO DAMN HORRIBLE????????

THanks. I now feel little better...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Monroe County)

Default Re: M&P woe...

The full size m&p trigger is piss poor. I have a pro that the trigger is stock. It's much better than the full size I have. There are very good options for safe and reliable drop in triggers. The pro is my game gun. The 17 is my house gun. I carry a 26. There's a reasons for their locations.

(Berks County)

I feel your pain man. Youre a better man than i. I flipped it and broke even. I had a full size .45 FDE m&p. it felt so good in my hand and shot pretty well too, plus as a southpaw you gotta love the ambi features. But the sloshy sloppy trigger was, at best, mush. Haha ill try one again one day. Once I've forgotten how bad it was... Haha

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by reichebrown View Post
    The full size m&p trigger is piss poor. I have a pro that the trigger is stock. It's much better than the full size I have. There are very good options for safe and reliable drop in triggers. The pro is my game gun. The 17 is my house gun. I carry a 26. There's a reasons for their locations.
    I bought it as sort of "His" and "Hers".
    I have been shooting nothing but 1911 this past few years.
    TRP as bedside gun, Carry custom Officer as carry gun. Wife shooting 1911 in 9mm.

They work great, so long as you maintain it, love it, sweet talk to it every night.
    But the fact that it takes maintenance(periodic spring changes, parts changes and so on), and inherit unreliability(lets not turn this in to "my 1911 works... argument), and the fact .45ACP is not cheap are starting to get to me.

So I figured i'll get 9mm something in proven platform.
    Those 2 are well proven itself over and over.
    Glock trigger isn't great - Well, coming from shooting mostly 1911, no polymer trigger would come close to tuned 1911 trigger - but you can smooth it out pretty easily(see .25cent trigger job).
    But this M&P's trigger... its heavy(5.5#~6# factory set my ass!), its gritty(Who knows whats causing that), and hard to feel trigger reset are just.... terrible.

With Glock, I was told replace its trigger bar with Gen 3 trigger bar, and factory (-) connector would yield decent trigger.
    Apex tactical makes drop in trigger kits for M&P, and I know I'm going to get that.

It just puzzles me that the as popular as M&Ps are, why aren't S&W improve this shit set up?!

I want to know what you and cruzans are doing to keep your wives from sticking you all in the doghouse with of them guns yall are buying.

BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    I want to know what you and cruzans are doing to keep your wives from sticking you all in the doghouse with of them guns yall are buying.

I don't kiss n' tell....
    This is PG rated forum after all...

(Chester County)

Hey, at least you have aftermarket options for it. The .22LR versions have ONE option that just recently came out and it doesn't incorporate a trigger safety like the Apex ones for the centerfires.

(Tioga County)

I remember the first time I shot the M&P and I was like huh? The trigger is bad.

Essentially this is an average service weapon and it would take some convincing for me to think otherwise.

(Berks County)

I must have lucked out for once, my full size m&p9 has a really decent trigger, tons better than any glock trigger. Everything stock of coarse. It's no 1911 but for polymer not bad at all. Fde/black cabellas special. I'm glade I didn't read anything about it first. I might not have looked.

(Berks County)

Mity2 I believe you're on 1911forum too right?

Nothin comes close to a 1911 trigger, you are absolutely right. Haha my first post didn't include that because I didn't want to high jack the thread and turn it into the age old debate.

All 1911s for me as of right now. But I'm thinking about giving the Delta Elite a partner in crime with a g29. Just wish smith would build an m&p in 10!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast