Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Be careful if your going to be in the Pittsburgh area with firearms! Random check

I agree that "random searches of baggage" is unconstitutional, a clear 4th Amendment violation, and I think that applies on buses and in airports, too.

There's no Bill of Rights waiver required if you wish to travel, whether it's across the street or across the country. The Framers would be horrified by the TSA. Nobody fought and died to expel George III so that Americans could feel up your wife at the airport, or search your person, papers, and effects without a warrant, or seize your pocket knife and nail clippers.

The acceptance of searching EVERYONE simply for choosing to use an airplane is unacceptable...and yet, we as Americans have accepted it. Now the fascists and collectivists are pushing the envelope to see how far they can extend the abuse, from their beachhead at the airports, to buses and trains, and then to private cars (we already accept the DUI checkpoints), and to pedestrians and into homes (like they did after Katrina).

If the courts won't enforce the Constitution, then the obvious next step is for an armed People to rise up, which is why thoughtful patriots insist on keeping ALL of their guns, and why would-be fascists are dedicated to taking them away. Both sides see a point on the road ahead where a free People will rebel against an oppressive State, and both sides want to have the advantage when that happens.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Be careful if your going to be in the Pittsburgh area with firearms! Random check

Speaking of pushing the envelope: http://www.infowars.com/homeland-sec...ockdown-drill/

I'll await the chorus of people proclaiming that it doesn't matter because it came from Infowars. But it does matter, this kind of thing shouldn't be happening in the US. The opening paragraph is correct, it's nothing but furthering the encroachment into our daily lives.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

"While authorities justify school lockdown drills as necessary exercises to prepare for potential school shootings, the likelihood of one happening is miniscule. Critics have pointed to the fact that the drills achieve little else than traumatizing school children."

WTF are these morons thinking. If my child went to this school I would be in the Superintendent's office screaming my head off. It's bad enough children have to prepare for a very unlikely event but to subject them to a fake event is tantamount to torture.
    "The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we're all damaged."JeanLucPicard

Quote Originally Posted by libra8 View Post
    "While authorities justify school lockdown drills as necessary exercises to prepare for potential school shootings, the likelihood of one happening is miniscule. Critics have pointed to the fact that the drills achieve little else than traumatizing school children."

WTF are these morons thinking. If my child went to this school I would be in the Superintendent's office screaming my head off. It's bad enough children have to prepare for a very unlikely event but to subject them to a fake event is tantamount to torture.
    It's possible that by teaching children that violent death awaits them during any hour of any day, they probably are unwittingly laying the foundation for vast hordes of future dedicated gun owners.

That, and making people who are less likely to save money for retirement.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It's possible that by teaching children that violent death awaits them during any hour of any day, they probably are unwittingly laying the foundation for vast hordes of future dedicated gun owners.

That, and making people who are less likely to save money for retirement.
    Removed because some could take this in a fashion that in no way was it meant to be taken.

One can dream about a functioning government part.

dave
    Last edited by DavidTM; March 15th, 2014 at 08:10 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post
    One can dream about a functioning government part.
    Perhaps, but I don't take that kind of medication...

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I agree that "random searches of baggage" is unconstitutional, a clear 4th Amendment violation, and I think that applies on buses and in airports, too.

There's no Bill of Rights waiver required if you wish to travel, whether it's across the street or across the country. The Framers would be horrified by the TSA. Nobody fought and died to expel George III so that Americans could feel up your wife at the airport, or search your person, papers, and effects without a warrant, or seize your pocket knife and nail clippers.

The acceptance of searching EVERYONE simply for choosing to use an airplane is unacceptable...and yet, we as Americans have accepted it. Now the fascists and collectivists are pushing the envelope to see how far they can extend the abuse, from their beachhead at the airports, to buses and trains, and then to private cars (we already accept the DUI checkpoints), and to pedestrians and into homes (like they did after Katrina).

If the courts won't enforce the Constitution, then the obvious next step is for an armed People to rise up, which is why thoughtful patriots insist on keeping ALL of their guns, and why would-be fascists are dedicated to taking them away. Both sides see a point on the road ahead where a free People will rebel against an oppressive State, and both sides want to have the advantage when that happens.
    This is why I stopped flying, for that matter I haven't been using any public transportation.
    Flying is the same as shopping at "gun free zone" establishments. They don't get my business.
    Of course it doesn't make any difference that I don't fly, because everyone else still does, but it's all I can do myself.
    What would happen if no one rode the bus on the days the TSA is around? The bus companies would stop letting the TSA come around.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Speaking of pushing the envelope: http://www.infowars.com/homeland-sec...ockdown-drill/

I'll await the chorus of people proclaiming that it doesn't matter because it came from Infowars. But it does matter, this kind of thing shouldn't be happening in the US. The opening paragraph is correct, it's nothing but furthering the encroachment into our daily lives.

Holy crap, these parents better be up in arms or they deserve every freaking thing that comes their way. This is not the time to be complacent...it's tough stepping out of the comfort zone. It can be done...
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    This is why I stopped flying, for that matter I haven't been using any public transportation.
    Flying is the same as shopping at "gun free zone" establishments. They don't get my business.
    Of course it doesn't make any difference that I don't fly, because everyone else still does, but it's all I can do myself.
    What would happen if no one rode the bus on the days the TSA is around? The bus companies would stop letting the TSA come around.
    Every vacation I went on we drove...thousands of miles. However, my job requires me to fly several times a year.

I find that joking with the agents either ticks them off totally or gets them to work in your favor. Heck, if I'm going to be forced to use them I'm going to Kearney how they work.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(York County)

I have come to the conclusion that I will never travel by public transportation ever again. TSA has groped me more times than my wife. I give TSA a rough time very time I have to walk through their check point. Watching old ladies in wheel chairs getting treated like a terrorist just infuriates me.

I don't like being treated like a criminal just because I wanna go on vacation. I don't even go to the bank anymore. That bullshit with getting fingerprinted because I wanna cash a check pisses me right off.
    Last edited by felly smarts; March 15th, 2014 at 06:10 AM.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast