Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Downingtown

Default Re: Downingtown

West chester/Downingtown here, live right on telegraph road off of 162. Need more gun friends!

(Chester County)

There are a couple of close gun ranges from Downingtown. West Chester Trap Club on Boot Rd. There is also West Caln, but I think there membership is closed or capped. The others are a farther distance. Read several threads on this site and call or vist club to get the personality of each. Then you will be able to choose a club that suits you.
    Last edited by GTO454; September 6th, 2014 at 10:15 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by DanSan View Post
    I just moved to exton about 2 weeks ago and actually work right next to victory. Came here from New York, getting my drivers license tomorrow and then getting my carry permit as soon as I can.
    howdy neighbor just saw your post, im here in exton as well, and work in west chester and just joined kimberton gun club and love it. shoot trap sometimes at west chester gun club on boot rd.

(Chester County)

Upper Uwchlan Twp here. More deer in my back yard than I ever see deer hunting anywhere in the Continental U.S.!

M&G at Victory!

(Chester County)

3rd time posted!!!

Cross-Posting (5 points, Expires in 1 month)
    We ask that no one post the same thread, topic, classified ad, etc. in multiple locations on the site, as all that does is create clutter, confusion, and divergent discussions on the same topic. In the past this was considered a spam infraction, but in the interests of clarification we've decided to create a separate infraction for this. Note that while this is only a 5 point infraction, the more you cross-post a topic, the more infractions you will receive. For example, if you post a topic twice, you will receive one infraction for the duplicate; if you post a topic 5 times, you will receive 4 infractions. If you feel it absolutely necessary or important to cross-post for some reason, please contact the staff in advance of posting, so that the request can be reviewed.

Quote Originally Posted by GTO454 View Post
    Hello interested parties,

The “Advisory” below is an addendum to my original post, which was posted on the Elverson Rod and Gun Club thread, post #4. This may be construed as schooling for “attacking the messenger”.

For those looking for ranges, I missed Tri-Town Gun Club in Honeybrook and Morgantown Gun Club on Hwy 10 south of Hwy 23.

It was not my intention to wade into the NCCSC fracas. However, I have found these threads to be a useful case study for my students.

In response to Peter’s comment on hearsay post #10 Elverson Rod and Gun Club thread, when information is obtained from a known trusted source, it is not typically considered hearsay. Otherwise, reason dictates, most information on the news would be considered hearsay.

Advisory:
    I believe this posting is only to advise citizens to avoid Northern Chester County Sportsman’s Club. It appears from reading threads about NCCSC that it’s currently, very poorly managed. The club President and remaining board seem to have what appears to be a problem. Posted on NCCSC thread #66 now states that the club President and board have started a lawsuit against their own club Membership Secretary. Does this sound like a well managed club, or one people should avoid?

Reading these threads indicate to this reader, a serious conflict of interest by the instructors. If indeed, the instructors are being paid for classes, there is a violation of federal tax law for non-profits. Instead of supporting the end of instruction to maintain tax-exempt status, the club President and board are continuing support of the instructors at the expense of the membership. This apparent symbiotic relationship allows instructors to continue their for-profit money making. It appears that the instructors also hold appointed positions at the club, such as “sergeant at arms”, “range safety officer(s)” or “chief range safety officer” which clearly indicates to me, a conflict of interest. Further still, it appears that these instructors are intimidating members who dissent at meetings or elsewhere.

I believe that the club President as well as remaining board members and instructors are aware of this for-profit prohibition, but are willfully choosing to continue on their current path citing it is good for the membership. The Club’s tax exempt status definitely appears to be at risk due to the above mentioned factors, which are in contradiction to non-profit Federal Law. This choice of inaction by the club President and remaining board may result in very large taxes, interest, and penalties.

With a few strokes of a keyboard, you can find the link to tax-exempt restrictions regarding 501 (c) (7) organizations. I believe this “Advisory” should continue in effect until such time as the club President, remaining board members, appointed board members, trustees etc. are removed from office and for profit instruction is ended. My research indicates an election in November. I do not rely on hearsay, I use research and deductive reasoning.
    Ignorance is bliss!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234