Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Did you hear the one about the walmart employee who was buying all the ammo?

Stopped into local wally world tonight, so I did the usual swing by the ammo cabinet. They had some .223 in, so I went looking for someone to grab a few boxes. I was chatting with the guy I found while we waited for the one with the keys. He was telling me how he had 250 rounds of .223 stocked up though he hadn't yet bought his AR. After a minute, he said that if the guy without keys didn't come soon, he would just go in the back and grab whatever ammo I wanted. So I asked if there was any .22lr in the back, but of course there was none.

He then proceeded to tell me that the guy he works with had bought 4 packs of 500 or 550 rounds .22lr as soon as they came in. I asked if it was recently, he said a month or two ago. Then the guy with the keys, who happens to be the same guy who bought 4 bricks of .22lr comes strolling over. I asked them about the 3 box limit...their answer? Well, there were two bricks in each box (you know, the shipping boxes), so he really had only bought two boxes. Meanwhile for all those months, they wouldn't even let a guy buy 4 boxes of 20 rounds each...lol.

I really had hope in the back of my mind somewhere that it wasn't really the WM employees holding it back, even though I had a strong suspicion it was. Wonder how much he sold those bricks for online?

(York County)

Default Re: Did you hear the one about the walmart employee who was buying all the ammo?

Just like you - I always check the cabinets and have wondered if the "workers" grab the 22LRs as they role in - I know that sucks but I am not sure I wouldn't do the same thing if I worked at WM and needed 22LRs.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Did you hear the one about the walmart employee who was buying all the ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by S&WOwner View Post
    Just like you - I always check the cabinets and have wondered if the "workers" grab the 22LRs as they role in - I know that sucks but I am not sure I wouldn't do the same thing if I worked at WM and needed 22LRs.
    Wouldn't bother me if they needed 22's, that's a perk of the job, it would bother me if they were selling them on gunbroker or something.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    ...would bother me if they were selling them on gunbroker or something.
    Would bother the heck out of me as well.
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Wouldn't bother me if they needed 22's, that's a perk of the job, it would bother me if they were selling them on gunbroker or something.
    If there weren't hoarders willing to pay the ridiculous prices, there'd be no market for such "black market" sale profiteering.

If Walmart paid more than slave wages, I'd imagine they'd not only get more trustworthy employees, but said employees wouldn't have to supplement their incomes with such "black market" sales.

Use it or sell it, I don't blame the guy at all.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    ...If Walmart paid more than slave wages, I'd imagine they'd not only get more trustworthy employees...
    I don't get it Democrat Gun Owner but maybe you can enlighten me. Why WalMart? My wife had a part time job at Penney's and was making less an hour then her friends at WalMart? So, tell me - why not Penney's on the "slave wages" list?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by S&WOwner View Post
    I don't get it Democrat Gun Owner but maybe you can enlighten me. Why WalMart? My wife had a part time job at Penney's and was making less an hour then her friends at WalMart? So, tell me - why not Penney's on the "slave wages" list?
    The thread is about ammo at Walmart. Does Penney's even sell ammo?

(Chester County)

If there weren't hoarders willing to pay the ridiculous prices, there'd be no market for such "black market" sale profiteering.
    Agreed. Buyers set the market, not sellers.

If Walmart paid more than slave wages, I'd imagine they'd not only get more trustworthy employees, but said employees wouldn't have to supplement their incomes with such "black market" sales.

So, Walmart employees are forced to work there for the prevailing wages? They can not use their income to improve themselves, gain skills, and get paid more there, or elsewhere? They have no free will then, right?

What is Walmart's purpose as a business? What responsibility does it have to its stockholders?

(Chester County)

The threa is about ammo at Walmart. Does Penney's even sell ammo?
    YOU made it about "slave wages". YOU.

(Wayne County)

Don't forget you're also free to leave, no nails in your feet holding you there. How about you start a business and pay your employees 50 bucks an hour, I think thats a fair wage as long as its your business, how about a McDs and you can change 8 bucks for a Big Mac. I don't like Wally World and don't shop there.
    Last edited by Qtrborecrazy; March 11th, 2014 at 05:43 AM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast