Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Would you die for your 2A rights????

Not wanting to hi-jack fingers's thread anymore than I already did, I'm taking another's advice.

We here alot about other countries banning guns in general, not just a certain kind(as if that was not bad enough). So if and I say a big IF, that were to happen here. How far would you go to protect not only your rights of today, but the rights of your neighbors, co-workers and future generations of Americans?

Would you try and fight it "legally" like say in court? Not to say that any other manner is illegal, just using it as a term of reference. Would you be a non-violent, non-compliant, as in you may not fight but your not gonna make it easy on them by turning your guns in. Maybe you hide them, near your home, or just make them come and get them, but still not take any violent action against them.

Or are you prepared to FIGHT & DIE for these rights we hold so dear? I say fight and die, because lets face it. A large number of the "resistance" is going to fall in the early days of the conflict. If you did fight, to what end? A total reversal of all gun control measures, and a truly control free zone, or at that point would you be happy just to have it back to the way it is now? How many of your friends and family are you willing to see perish? Can you make a decision knowing it may cause your wife to see you live out your days in prison, or without you altogether? Your children to be orpahned? The list of sacrifices goes on and on.

Personally, I do not wish to live in a country that says I am no longer free to uphold the oath of enlistment that I took. Enemies both foreign and domestic ring a bell for anyone? I would not choose to recognize a government so closely resembling the one that previous generations of Americans fought to free us from.

So! How far are you gonna go, if this dark day were come to light?

BB
    3%

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Would you die for your 2A rights????

As the anti's are trying to pass gun bans I will be working hard to counter their efforts, talking to legislators, gathering support. Should all efforts fail, I will not voluntarily turn in my firearms, and should them come to get them, I hope they are not as determined to take them as I am to keep them, cause I don't have as good or as many guns as they do, and it will come down to who has the most firepower and ammo. I will lose, but I will go out with a bang, not a whimper.

(Bedford County)

I would die in defense of my life, and the lives of my family and true friends. As for dying for the second amendment, I would say that i had those rights to begin with, before the "founders of our country" decided to give them to me by amending the constitution in favor of what I already possessed.
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day." -George Carlin

(Allegheny County)

This question seems to be posed with some regularity.
    I always find it interesting that some will post their intentions to defy law and government to the death on a public forum.

Each time I've responded to one of these threads, I have not stated what I will or will not do.
    I simply point to New Orleans and ask if you think it would be much different than how that went down.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    This question seems to be posed with some regularity.
    I always find it interesting that some will post their intentions to defy law and government to the death on a public forum.

Each time I've responded to one of these threads, I have not stated what I will or will not do.
    I simply point to New Orleans and ask if you think it would be much different than how that went down.
    Neither did I. I just said that I would not choose to live here, or recognize the govt. I could be moving. But I see your point.

BB
    3%

(Westmoreland County)

Armed insurrection or armed rebellion is never "neat and tidy" no matter how noble it's beginnings. There will always be those seeking a way to profit from it and there will be unsavory political elements seeking to capitalize on it.

Recall Mel Gibson's lines in the movie "The Patriot" where he cautioned the South Carolina legislature that "... This war, will be fought not on distant battlefields but among the colonists' farms and homes. "Our children," .... "will learn of it with their own eyes."

It would be bloody, painful and ugly.

Let's not have it come to that. Recall former Dem. House Speaker Tip O'Neil's adage that "All politics is local". Words to live by. Literally.

I think this is a very hard question to answer, because no one can say how they will really act in a situation until they are really in it. We call it trial by fire.

I am a Bible believing Christian. I make that distinction to try and set myself apart from those who go to church, go through the motions, but don't even know what the Bible says, much less believe it. I hope that I would be able to die for those beliefs if it came to it. It would be as the apostle Paul writes, "I can do all things through Him (Jesus Christ) who strengthens me." Phil 4:13 I write that so that anyone reading my response can understand the lens through which it is filtered.

I would be happy to die for my 2nd Amendment rights, as long as I thought the situation was consistent with my Christian belief and practice. I am most certainly not a pacifist, as anyone here who has gotten to know me will agree. But, I am not about to start whacking people to keep my guns if I think that would be counterproductive to the Kingdom of God. In other words, I truly believe that I am ultimately a citizen of a different place, a traveler here who does not really belong. But while I am here, I will do my best to obey the laws of my nation. And if my Constitution says I need to start shooting to preserve the principles on which this nation was founded, I can say, to paraphrase the great General Patton, that I will do my best to make sure someone else dies for his belief rather than me die for mine. And if I do die, well, there is a much better place waiting for me anyway.

(Jefferson County)

I'm gonna kick the bucket anyways... ....so, sure. I would.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

I, (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. (So help me God.)

The bold is what I stand by, the rest is moot, I'm not in the service.
    Yes I will lay my life down to preserve the 2nd and all other amendments!
    ANCHORS AWAY!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by fingers80002; June 2nd, 2008 at 10:37 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

For all its faults, we have one of the finest nations the world has ever seen. Our goal should be to preserve that. If it comes to the point where we must fight for the constitution, we as a nation should consider ourselves failures. Civil wars are disasters for the country, even if the "good guys" win the struggle.

I therefore think that the most important question is not whether you are prepared to do violence in the name of liberty in some undefined future world, but what are you doing now in the real world to stop such a conflict from coming to pass. Anyone who is resolved to defend their rights by force has a duty to do everything possible to make the use of force unnecessary.

I think Emptymag makes two good points. First, that the number of people who will violently resist tyranny when there is any alternative (even a crappy one) is small. Secondly, this topic is a prominent and enduring subject of fascination in the firearms community, which to me smacks of defeatism. In some sense it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, because the more people dwell on how to fight the coming tyranny, the less time, money and creativity goes to preventing the rise of tyranny. This tendency must be resisted. I know that firearms owners are the kind of people who like to be prepared for the worst. But let's not allow that distract us from our duty to avoid the worst.

I think I am somewhat preaching to the choir here, because there is a lot of great work being done by the people who post here, be it engaging with the democratic process, with law enforcement, or with the public. IMO, one activist here and now is worth ten guys burying guns in the woods for later.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast