Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default A Very Pleasant Afternoon!

Greetings all

In a recent thread I made a comment that I was always looking for new places to shoot. Shortly thereafter, I received an invitation to come shooting at the private range of a fellow participant here. It just so happens that he lives about two or three miles from where we used to live, so I knew the area well, and it gave me a chance to drive past the old homestead. But for a couple of hours, I was the guest of shooter357. I got to meet his wife and little girl as well, and of course, a couple of very energetic dogs!

During the course of the afternoon, we expended numerous rounds of 9mm, .45 GAP (which I had never shot before), .22 LR, 7.62x39mm, .223, and of course, some .357 mag. I have to say that I demonstrated what a good shot I am, with many of the rounds going right through the very same hole as the previous one. I for one think I need to work on that a little, since it will do no good whatsoever to shoot a bad guy in the exact same place over and over again.

But in all seriousness, it was a lot of fun to meet yet another member here, and make some noise and smoke in the process. I have a couple of other shooting dates looming in the indefinite future with a few other folks here. (Stack, if you are reading this my Spectre should be here soon, and the process can start!) I write all this to encourage you all to get to know some of your local brethren (and sisteren) and do some shooting together. It is a lot of fun, and you might find some new range buddies.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: A Very Pleasant Afternoon!

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to shoot some guns that I haven't shot before. Maybe next time my wife will have gotten over her shooting ability and come with us. You are welcome to come back anytime you want and bring some of the family if they will come. I have invited some others and look forward to shooting with them.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff