Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default why hate dicks sporting goods?

I noticed whenever dicks sporting goods is mentioned it gets bashed. I was curious what the reason was. I heard they stopped selling AR's but figured there's more to it.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: why hate dicks sporting goods?

Quote Originally Posted by Takem View Post
    I noticed whenever dicks sporting goods is mentioned it gets bashed. I was curious what the reason was. I heard they stopped selling AR's but figured there's more to it.
    More like they pulled all AR's, mags etc and screwed their customers who already had money down.

Oh ya and FUCK DICKS!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    More like they pulled all AR's, mags etc and screwed their customers who already had money down.

Oh ya and FUCK DICKS!
    Takem I hope you understood his reply F Dicks. If that answer was not good enough ask Emptymag.

(Cumberland County)

They were cowards and pulled all AR's, etc. right after Sandy Hook. Screwed a lot of customers who had orders pending too. Besides being cowardly, if they thought this would get them good press - did they forget they are a sporting goods store and many that shop there are gun enthusiasts that want there 2A rights protected and want to shop at a Store that "gets it".
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Takem View Post
    So, how long were you asleep before waking up?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Perry County)

There are a couple of threads that give the gory details. Abbreviated version:

Stopped selling ARs after Sandy Hook.
    Refused to deliver in stock ARs that folks had ordered during a black Friday sale.
    As recompense, provided a $100 gift card even though ARs were worth double+ of price paid.
    Opened Field and Stream and sold all those evil ARs they had refused to deliver previously.
    Last edited by unclejumbo; October 13th, 2015 at 12:42 PM.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

There are plenty of threads on here explaining the issue with dicks sporting goods.

(Northampton County)

Fuck Them™

Because many of us are ardent supporters of the 2nd Amendment and don't take well to companies who portray themselves as 2nd Amendment friendly but stab us in the back at the first sign of trouble.

Sandy Hook was a tragedy committed by a scumbag psychopath. As a result of his actions millions of honest gun owners felt the political backlash and had to fight much harder than usual to maintain our 2nd Amendment rights.

Dicks up to that point had portrayed itself as a 2nd Amendment friendly company that sold many firearms. Once Sandy Hook happened they made the choice to bow to pressure by antis, stopped selling AR style rifles giving antis a solid symbolic victory at a time when victories like that hurt us badly. Dicks had the choice of saying "nope, we will stick by the 2nd, we realize that millions of gun owners should not be lumped together with that scumbag from Sandy Hook."

Instead they took the tact of "Hey we might look bad to some antis if we keep selling AR style rifles, let's throw our loyal customers under the bus, lump millions of honest citizens in with Lanza and have them suffer the consequence of his crime, and give the antis a victory and stop selling these rifles."

It was their choice to make and they had the right to make the choice they thought was best. But when it comes to the 2nd and our right to bear arms, I want anti 2nd choices to have consequences. And in this case the consequence is not giving them my hard earn money. They did not stand by us in hard times, I will not give them my money in these times.

There are plenty of companies who did not bow to the antis. There are plenty of companies who stood by their belief in the 2nd. Dick's threw us under the bus. Spending money there now is basically saying "hey, you were willing to sell us down the river, but your prices are cheap now, so all is cool, and since we are still spending money at your place you will have no reason not to throw us under the bus the next time there is some political crisis threatening the 2nd."

As a consumer, you have the right to do what you want. I have the same right and choose to not give them my money and encourage anyone else who believes in the 2nd Amendment to also not support them and other companies that portray themselves as supporters of the 2nd but turn tail at the first sign of trouble. We should let them know that there are consequences for their actions. JMO

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    There are a couple of threads that give the gory details. Abbreviated version:

Stopped selling ARs after Sandy Hook.
    Refused to deliver in stock ARs that folks had ordered during a black Friday sale.
    As recompense, provided a $100 gift card even though ARs where worth double+ of price paid.
    Opened Field and Stream and sold all those evil ARs they had refused to deliver previously.
    This is very true.

While I do not agree with, I would understand Dick's moving away from AR's in the aftermath of Sandy Hook. I'd imagine the $$ Dick's made on the sales of AR's paled in comparison to the amount they made on soccer balls, tennis shoes, golf clubs, etc. As a business, they want to retain the largest number of customers as possible (even at the expense of others). They'd rather lose the gun enthusiasts than the much more numerous soccer mom's who may be offended by buying their kids sports equipment in the same store that sells those evil black rifles.

What ticked many gun owners off is that they went beyond removing AR's from their shelves. They cancelled orders (even fully paid for orders) of AR's which were ordered prior to Sandy Hook...which they had in stock and ready to ship. Suddenly, the people who had purchased these rifles got order cancellations and a $100 gift card. To make matters worse, the purchase price on an AR went through the roof (and available supplies dwindled), so guy who already thought they would be getting the rifle they purchased from Dicks could not even go to another store to get an AR for anywhere near the price they had already purchsed one for from Dicks.

To add insult to injury, Dicks had just made a large purchase of ARs from a manufacturer (I believe Troy if my memory serves me correctly) so they had a large inventory of them in stock...what to do with these rifles that were already paid for and promised to customers before their sales were cancelled as well as those they had to stock the shelves of their stores?? Well, they didn't want to piss of the scared soccer moms, so they opened a spin off store, Field & Stream, to sell outdoors and hunting stuff...fewer soccer balls and more tents and guns...think Cablea's. They figured that nobody would really notice it was really Dicks in disguise. Well, we did.

So, that's where phuck Dicks and Field & Stream comes in...Empty Mag usually adds a few more colorful items to the list as well.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast