Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Sgt "Wild Bill" Guarnere Easy Company 101st Airborne passed away 3/08/14

Sgt William Guarnere (Gar near ee) of the Famed 101st Airborne Easy Company, a teen aged Seargent during the Normandy D-Day Invasion passed away on March 08, 2014. The Sergeant's daring exploit's were made know in the Band of Brothers TV Series.

I knew Bill since I was a small child in the early 50's when his brother Gus and wife with 10 children lived next door to me in South Philly. I spend time at Bill's Clementon NJ home which he built. Having lost a leg from German 88 fire, did not slow Bill down, as he survived life on a wooden leg until he was forced to utilize crutches when he reached an older age!

You may pay your respect at: https://www.facebook.com/william.guarnere

RIP: Wild Bill Guarnere
    Last edited by Rich-D; March 9th, 2014 at 11:05 AM.
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol & Shotgun

(Bucks County)

RIP. True hero.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    5.56mm, 9mm, .40SW, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, .22LR, 12GA, .45-70, 7.62x54R

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Sgt "Wild Bill" Guarnere Easy Company 101st Airborne passed away 3/08/14

Rest in peace Sgt Guarnere. I read that he and Babe Hefron were still very good friends, seeing each other every day. Babe died in December I think.
    I have so much respect for their generation. We don't have much time left with them.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Sgt "Wild Bill" Guarnere Easy Company 101st Airborne passed away 3/08/14

Read the book that "Wild Bill" co-authored with Edward "Babe" Heffron, titled "Brothers In Battle - Best Of Friends". A good read. And I continue to enjoy the HBO series.

Those men were truly of the greatest generation. RIP to Bill and Babe.

(Montgomery County)

Sad news. May he rest in peace.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Read the book that "Wild Bill" co-authored with Edward "Babe" Heffron, titled "Brothers In Battle - Best Of Friends". A good read. And I continue to enjoy the HBO series.

Those men were truly of the greatest generation. RIP to Bill and Babe.
    That was a great book. I bought mine directly from him at a Forks of the Delaware show in Allentown several years ago. I love how it was not a "Politically Correct" book, but his and Babe's words and feelings as they had during the war and their lives.

I handed the book down to my nephew who is career army to read.

RIP both Bill and Babe !!!

(Westmoreland County)

Thought and prayers to his family and those left behind. Thank you, Bill, from my family and I, for your service. May you rest in peace. God bless.
    I forgot how much I missed the slang from the 70's and 80's: "Bite me, dig?"

(Lehigh County)

God Bless You and Thank You, and the same to all who have served.
    Gun control is not about guns, it's about CONTROL

(Chester County)

Interesting to see that a few of these guys were from South Philly. They don't make them like that anymore. RIP Wild Bill!!!

(Lancaster County)

And instead what we hear about is bieber,Miley and the rest of the celebrities. I'm sorry but these guys stories should be on every newscast. The soldiers that sacrificed. I read about The Greatest Generation and about the current soldiers like Adam Brown or Dakota Meyer. I shouldn't have to seek this information out. We should have the newsreel type thing before a movie so the young can see what true heroism is. The mainstream news should devote time to telling about these everyday Americans.

Again, I'm sorry but soldiers deserve more than entertainers but that's what floods our information outlets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast