Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Classic Pistol (Southampton, PA)

So, I had been considering for the past couple of years the purchase of a pistol.
    Not only for home protection / self defense, but also to take on a new hobby and experience the sportsman side of it all.
    I had always enjoyed spending time with my father as a kid shooting rifles, but never handled a pistol, so I wanted to make sure that I went somewhere where I could have the full attention of someone knowledgeable and patient enough to handle the textbook of questions that I had ready to ask (and the questions that I didn't know I needed to ask).

At first, this seemed to be a challenge.

Whereas the few shops that I went to had what seemed to be educated enough employees, I couldn't get anyone to really focus on me. Their main goal was always to just sell me something and no one really cared to much about the questions I had enough to give me anything more than a short, quick answer.
    I understand that it's not anyone's responsibility to educate me on everything I need to know, and their main goal is to turn over inventory.
    I wasn't going to just buy a pistol, take it to the range, and teach myself (this is what was suggested by 2 employees at one shop)!

My search continued.

Finally, I wandered into Classic Pistol.
    Right out of the gate, the experience was that of something I hadn't seen anywhere else.
    The "can I help you with something"'s seemed to be everyone who worked there's priority.
    Right away Jeff (younger, there's 2 Jeff's there....I'll get to Jeff #2 in a bit) stepped right in and spent nearly an hour with me answering every question I could think of and more. Even helped me with getting all of the info on where to get my LTCF.
    I was so pleased that I scheduled an individual one hour handgun training course with Jeff, then headed off to get my LTCF (another great experience!).

The training session with Jeff was so thorough it ended up being almost 2 hours long, and when finished up, I felt completely comfortable to begin my journey as a new responsible firearm owner.
    Purchased my new Glock 19, a range membership, and I was on my way!

By now, I've been shooting there for about 6 months, and have gotten to know the staff & there really isn't one employee that isn't just as helpful as the next.
    Weekends can get a little congested, but customer help seems to always flow at a reasonable rate.

My newest / next advancement into the hobby is getting educated on starting to reload my own ammo (PAFOA has been a great reference for all kinds of information).
    I was eyeing up the Dillon progressive press at the shop when Jeff #2 asks me if I needed help with anything. So, we started talking reloading.
    Turns out Jeff reloads himself and has some extensive knowledge with it, and has even gone so far as to give me one on one training loading various ammo on his single stage press!

I can't say enough about everyone at Classic, my experience has been nothing but fantastic!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Classic Pistol (Southampton, PA)

CP is a great place. It's a hike for me so I almost never get there but the trip is always worth it when I do. Good selection, modern and well lit range and good people.

The guys at CP are stand up guys. I took my girlfriend in there to look at new pistols since she was having trouble racking the slide on the XDS i got her.

After fondling some other 9mm and 380's she didn't really find anything like liked, other than dan wesson and ed brown 1911's, she has expensive taste.

They asked why she didn't like the XDS, It wasn't purchased at classic but I had it in the car. They had me go get it for her and spent 20 min teaching her different ways to operate the slide to make it easier for her. Obviously the same advice coming from my mouth fell on def ears, but she listened to the guys at CP and is now comfortable operating the XDS.

Most other shops would have jumped on the opportunity to sell something because I was fully ready to drop the cash on a new pistol for her, but they spent some time educating her recommended against buying something else. We ended up walking out with just some cleaning gear ... that day

(Bucks County)

CP is about 3 min from me so it's definitely my favorite range. They do have a great staff and a nice range for pistols(a little short for rifle). But their prices for guns are a little high though (ridiculously high for certain things).