Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Cole's gun and bicycle shop-Carlisle

I have been in this shop several times, and actually have 2 guns on layaway right now. Its a small shop in the basement of the bike shop. He generally has around 20-30 used guns in stock. I don't think he sells very many new ones. Mike is a great guy to talk with and seems to be pretty knowledgeable, especially about muzzleloaders as he does some sort of competition black powder shooting. His prices seem pretty good, and he is great to deal with as far as layaway. He also does have a small amount of ammo, but it really varies from week to week. There are also several boxes sitting on a counter that have signs on them like "$10.00 for anything in box" . Might be a sling ,a holster, magazines, scopes or anything in them, you just never know what you might find. Anyway I highly recommend him.

Default Re: Cole's gun and bicycle shop-Carlisle

I've probably bought a dozen rifles from Mike over the past 20 yrs. He's great to deal with and always has an interesting selection.

(York County)

Between me, my brother, and my brother in law , we have bought probably about 15 from him in the last 6 months. Was just in there yesterday and paid on 1 layaway and put another on layaway. Brother in law was with me and he bought an older B&L made Bushnell 4x12-40 scope out of one of the boxes for $25. Pretty good buy I thought. Spent well over an hour just shooting the bull with him, he is a great guy to do that with!

(Chester County)

I bought a revolver there while I was in college.

I had totally forgotten about the place until stumbling on this thread.

That was a wife and a lifetime ago.

(York County)

Was in Cole's today to make a layaway payment. Stood and shot the bull for an hour. Walked out with a real nice leather padded sling for $10. Had some interesting stuff, was tempted to start a third layaway LOL. He said he would put anything I want in the backroom and hold it till the other 2 are done. I declined because u never know what might come in that I want even more next week! Hard to top a guy like that.

(Cumberland County)

I haven't had what I'd call a problem with Cole's, but sometimes certain things get marked up to what I think is too much.

I was looking for a Star BM last December/January, and he found one. You could find them online for $180-$200. He wanted $350 for it. $300 was my limit, so I ended up getting one online for about $270 with 2 factory mags and 2 promags, with the shipping and transfer fee. In my opinion he was being kinda greedy, but then I really don't know exactly how he acquired it or what he paid.

Then again, I've also seen a lot of cool older rifles that I don't really know where else to find in this area in there, and they're not too badly priced, all things considered. As far as I know, he still has a Garand in there for under $1K. I'd suggest replacing the stock though because it has a terrible looking paint job, and the paint may or may not be on the metal parts too.

Last time I was in there, I bought SKS stripper clips, original parkerized military ones, $15 for 10. online I couldn't find them that cheap, and some of the examples in the photos looked a little rough.

My wife says her late father used to buy guns from Cole's all the time and seemed to like the guy that runs it a lot.