Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Well, now I have a bit of a dilemma...

So, my Glock 27 use to be my go to concealed carry gun, I THOUGHT it was small enough to carry, and concealed well... That may still be the fact, But... I picked up a Glock 42 tonight.

After carrying the G42 around for a couple hours I'm realizing how much better it is to carry, I barely even know its there. The G27 I would feel it digging into me when I sat down once in a while, and I felt like it would stick out some times.

So, the point of this thread, I can't find a reason to hold onto this Glock 27, I understand its only been a few hours but I can't see myself carrying the 27 again. Any opinions, ideas?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Well, now I have a bit of a dilemma...

I'll take it for $200.00. Problem solved.

(Northampton County)

I'd stick with the 9rd .40 27 over a 6rnd .380 42 but thats just me.. I'm not a Glock guy, do they not make a single stack 9mm? If I need to carry small/light I go with my P938.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by redturbo0 View Post
    So, my Glock 27 use to be my go to concealed carry gun, I THOUGHT it was small enough to carry, and concealed well... That may still be the fact, But... I picked up a Glock 42 tonight.

After carrying the G42 around for a couple hours I'm realizing how much better it is to carry, I barely even know its there. The G27 I would feel it digging into me when I sat down once in a while, and I felt like it would stick out some times.

So, the point of this thread, I can't find a reason to hold onto this Glock 27, I understand its only been a few hours but I can't see myself carrying the 27 again. Any opinions, ideas?
    There's always a trade off when looking for a smaller gun to conceal.

You gave up something which is a much more effective round and a higher mag capacity, to get something more concealable, which is a less effective round and lower mag capacity.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm having the same dilemma as my colt cobra is so much better for concealed carry and during the winter months I could pack a bigger .357 so the G 27 is on the chopping block and I'm thinking of replacing it with a glock 34 for target and competition or a smith and Wesson .22lr revolver for target.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    There's always a trade off when looking for a smaller gun to conceal.

You gave up something which is a much more effective round and a higher mag capacity, to get something more concealable, which is a less effective round and lower mag capacity.
    yes, but they both shoot bullets, and last time I checked getting shot hurts. The .380 isn't much smaller then a 9mm if it even is, I know it isn't as powerful as a 9mm and obviously not as strong as a .40

I don't think I'll need to speed if I ever get attacked, because I don't think I'm going to be shooting at my attackers as they drive off in my stolen vehicle. Plus I always carry my benchmade as well so I have that as backup.

I dunno, to me, with my body type, the 27 always sucked to conceal carry. Honestly, I'd even run a mag extension on the 42 and it still wouldn't be as cumbersome as the 27.

EDIT: Actually, I never checked if getting shot hurts... hopefully I never do.
    Last edited by redturbo0; February 27th, 2014 at 11:34 PM. Reason: lol

(Luzerne County)

the 27 I always ripped off my body when I got home, the 42 I'm still wearing comfortably.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by redturbo0 View Post
    yes but they both shoot bullets, and last time I checked getting shot hurts. The .380 isn't much smaller then a 9mm if it even is, I know it isn't as powerful as a 9mm and obviously not as strong as a .40

I don't think I'll need to speed if I ever get attacked, because I don't think I'm going to be shooting at my attackers as they drive off in my stolen vehicle. Plus I always carry my benchmade as well so I have that as backup.

I dunno, to me, with my body type, the 27 always sucked to conceal carry. Honestly, I'd even run a mag extension on the 42 and it still wouldn't be as cumbersome as the 27.
    Sure they all hurt at some point, but IMO the goal is to stop an attack as quickly as possible and if your confident in a .380 being able to do it then you made the right choice.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Sure they all hurt at some point, but IMO the goal is to stop an attack as quickly as possible and if your confident in a .380 being able to do it then you made the right choice.
    It's better than a hammer.

I have a 27 and it's definitely small enough and easy enough to carry. I just slip it in my jacket pocket in a Blackhawk sleeve and forget it's there.

I would never consider carrying the 42 when 10 rounds of .40 in a 27 is just as easy to carry.

But if you like the 42 more, you have answered your own question.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast