Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Hobson McKown doesn't deny he's perpetually investigating alleged abuses by gov't

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
    Man disagrees with charges
    Gun replica raised issue
    By Kim Paskorz
    Eagle Staff Writer
    Hobson McKown doesn't deny he's perpetually “investigating” alleged abuses by government officials.
    But his self-assigned “tests” have him bumping heads with the law, most recently Wednesday when he was charged criminally for allegedly causing a ruckus while logging a firearm replica in at the lobby of the Butler County Courthouse and Government Center.
    McKown, 28, of Centre County is charged with disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
    Butler County Deputy Sheriff Mark Peffer, who filed the charges, said it's common for people who are armed to properly register their weapons at the building's security check point without problems.
    It's behind a paywall but Google of course doesn't care. You'll notice the true journalistic quality of this article when you see the mention of the ".308 caliber handgun", investigative journalism at its finest (even stranger given that the reporter was apparently told the exact make/model of the firearm carried on Sept. 2, 2008, while obtaining background information on Hobson McKown.)
    The criminal complaint is a real riot to read, it'll show up here eventually I should think. Until the legal fiction becomes available, enjoy the media fiction!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Hobson McKown doesn't deny he's perpetually investigating alleged abuses by gov't

How about some video? Didn't Hobson record his meticulously-planned publicity stunt?

Default Re: Hobson McKown doesn't deny he's perpetually investigating alleged abuses by gov't

".308 caliber handgun" They do exist in all fairness!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    How about some video? Didn't Hobson record his meticulously-planned publicity stunt?
    Your profile says you're in Zelienople, and you've already been told you can march right down to the county courthouse and ask for the video that the courthouse cameras themselves took. What are you waiting for? If there's not going to be publicity for you, then you won't do it? Haha, ever the achievers here...

The media never did their duty to investigate and report how money was being spent on a security array that isn't authorized in state statute or even by ordinance to be operated by officials not legally competent to do so. There's no 'stunt' if everyone follows the law, but from the moment you reach that building, you know the law isn't being followed, because 18 Pa.C.S. 913(d) and (e) are not being complied with. Then you find out that more shit is banned from the courthouse that you didn't know about? Why? Oh, no one really knows. But apparently some president judge in 2001 made an order banning 'all weapons and explosives'. So you ask the court administrator and the sheriff, what exactly is banned? They won't tell you.

I wouldn't say Hobson McKown has done anything but the investigative journalism local papers have refused to do, and he exercised his right to bear what arms hadn't been stolen yet from him over the past 5 years. You take someone's guns away for 5+ years, not because he is a prohibited person, not because he has been convicted of any crime, but as a bail condition -- what is he supposed to do? No longer care about guns? No longer care about the right to bear arms? Disavow any knowledge about firearms and not entice anyone to exercise their rights? Doesn't that seem silly to you?

Hobson McKown had an item that sheriffs deemed either an 'other dangerous weapon' or a 'firearm'. They assisted his putting the holstered 'firearm' in the locker (which cannot be operated unless the sheriff provides you with a token!) Everything was said and done, no incident, no 'publicity stunt' had occurred. That should have been the end of it. But sheriffs got mad and uppity, and it was simply contempt of cop from there. None of this is hard to understand. There would not have been any article even with all the 'disorderly conduct in the courthouse' had Hobson McKown not taking the issue to the press, meaning that not even whatever you allege to be the 'stunt' would have generated the 'publicity'.

Be a whiner without credentials or go seek the truth. You do have a choice, you know.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    ".308 caliber handgun" They do exist in all fairness!
    Thompson Encore in 308 winchester, very accurate. Me I like my 375 JDJ better Hope McKown gets a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Thompson Encore in 308 winchester, very accurate. Me I like my 375 JDJ better Hope McKown gets a copy.
    Nice, but i was thinking more along these lines!

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    Nice, but i was thinking more along these lines!

Sweeeeeet I guess I'm behind the times.

(Dauphin County)

Serious question: Are you Hobson McKown?
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    Your profile says you're in Zelienople, and you've already been told you can march right down to the county courthouse and ask for the video that the courthouse cameras themselves took. What are you waiting for? If there's not going to be publicity for you, then you won't do it? Haha, ever the achievers here...

The media never did their duty to investigate and report how money was being spent on a security array that isn't authorized in state statute or even by ordinance to be operated by officials not legally competent to do so. There's no 'stunt' if everyone follows the law, but from the moment you reach that building, you know the law isn't being followed, because 18 Pa.C.S. 913(d) and (e) are not being complied with. Then you find out that more shit is banned from the courthouse that you didn't know about? Why? Oh, no one really knows. But apparently some president judge in 2001 made an order banning 'all weapons and explosives'. So you ask the court administrator and the sheriff, what exactly is banned? They won't tell you.

I wouldn't say Hobson McKown has done anything but the investigative journalism local papers have refused to do, and he exercised his right to bear what arms hadn't been stolen yet from him over the past 5 years. You take someone's guns away for 5+ years, not because he is a prohibited person, not because he has been convicted of any crime, but as a bail condition -- what is he supposed to do? No longer care about guns? No longer care about the right to bear arms? Disavow any knowledge about firearms and not entice anyone to exercise their rights? Doesn't that seem silly to you?

Hobson McKown had an item that sheriffs deemed either an 'other dangerous weapon' or a 'firearm'. They assisted his putting the holstered 'firearm' in the locker (which cannot be operated unless the sheriff provides you with a token!) Everything was said and done, no incident, no 'publicity stunt' had occurred. That should have been the end of it. But sheriffs got mad and uppity, and it was simply contempt of cop from there. None of this is hard to understand. There would not have been any article even with all the 'disorderly conduct in the courthouse' had Hobson McKown not taking the issue to the press, meaning that not even whatever you allege to be the 'stunt' would have generated the 'publicity'.

Be a whiner without credentials or go seek the truth. You do have a choice, you know.
    mkay, still no video, but thanks for your interest in my question. Are there any objective 3rd party accounts of what happened?

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Serious question: Are you Hobson McKown?
    Not only a serious question but quite certainly the most important question to be asked. Can anyone on this thread help this man by answering his question, please?

Of little importance to this thread, or really of little importance to anyone ever, would be the question: Is the law being followed at the courthouse?
    or
    Why didn't someone do something about this before?
    or
    How did we let this go for 18 years?
    or
    How do we determine who is at fault -- what statute and court cases can we look at, and then hold those people responsible?

We'll leave it to the real thinkers with the hard questions like ROCK-IT3 to ask what really matters and to leave us in the dark about what we don't really need to trivialize ourselves with.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast