Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default "are you carrying hun?"

So I'm a truck driver away from home 2 weeks at a time and company policy is no firearms in the trucks. And since I run all 48 and canada it's just too much hassle to keep all the laws straight. But when I'm home my ccw is part of my wardrobe along with my S&W boot knife. Sometimes my woman or kids may pick a little at me but I don't mind. Saturday night we were at the bar shooting pool with a bunch of friends and my woman asked why I don't take off my jacket and get comfortable. I whisper to her that I'm carrying and perfectly comfortable and no I'm not just going to leave it in the car. Interestingly enough my concealment must've been good as when we all got home and I took off the jacket and my friends all mentioned they had no idea I was carrying.

So anyway last night we find a good deal on a motorcycle for my step son on craigs list and head out to look at it. As we're driving out the texts are getting more and more shady from the seller....Spelling, grammar, swears, and some questions about the title. As we get closer we are going deep into the middle of nowhere woods and I have a grand in cash in my pocket. We have our son and 12yo daughter with us and my ol' lady turns to me and says those words "are you carrying hun?" I laughed and replied "not so funny now huh?". As it turned out it was a high school kid who bought the bike when he had a landscaping job and ran out of money this winter so he's selling the bike. He was a nice kid and the title was no problem and everything worked well. AND I got the satisfaction of them realizing that just maybe I'm not a crazy gun nut after all.

As a side note this proud papa just has to gush about his little girl. I got her a ruger SR22 for xmas and yesterday got to take her to the indoor range for her first round of proper instruction. She already knows how to field strip and clean it and was itching to try it. So after some lessons on safety, proper aiming and grip on the weapon here are the results...

And just a note we were in the far right booth next to the cinderblock side wall so as she posed for this picture she was not pointing her weapon at another booth.

Here's a video, not bad for her first day.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=766744530004698

(Berks County)

Default Re: "are you carrying hun?"

Nicely done!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Bucks County)

I just love when the wife gives me shit for carrying all the time but when we get into a really bad neighborhood she turns and asks if I am carrying.

I can't wait until i can buy my little girl her first gun. Congrats!

(Berks County)

Mine is not interested but my son is full bore.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Montgomery County)

Great video, I am glad your daughter enjoys shooting. We need to get more people involved.

Be careful of the Facebook stuff. You do not want the police to show up.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...lds-rifle.html

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Team Dougherty View Post
    Great video, I am glad your daughter enjoys shooting. We need to get more people involved.

well thats jersey for ya. luckily here the local police chief and most of the officers are family friends and shooters as well. Local police show up here all the time. I think most of the issue with that pic was the militia look of it, little boy in camo holding an AR.

I found some incentive works well too. She wants a laser. I told her once she can put 4 full clips in the 7 ring we will look at getting a laser. Hehe.

My baby is growing up and the facebook pic is also just to let the little boys know my little girl, and her daddy, are not to be trifled with ;-)
    Last edited by Trucker76; February 24th, 2014 at 11:58 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Team Dougherty View Post

Well that was in Jersey but doesn't mean it couldn't happen here.

Glad he stuck to his guns! Pun intended.

(Cumberland County)

OP, well done. It's always better to have and not need......

My wife used to think I was a bit off center too. There have since been a couple of times that we found ourselves in questionable areas - not bad areas, but on the border of "town" and "where you don't want to be after dark". After we left, she has said to me "I'm glad you were carrying". Just the knowledge that I was carrying set her mind at ease. She was still on high alert though. She generally lives in white but she is slowly understanding my point of view, and why I live in yellow.

Being a dad does some funny thing to a man's psyche.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

You just lost "Father of the Year" from the Moms against guns crowd! :-)
    With great power comes great responsibility....

It amazes me that we cant carry "legally" in all 50 states without obstructions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast