So I'm a truck driver away from home 2 weeks at a time and company policy is no firearms in the trucks. And since I run all 48 and canada it's just too much hassle to keep all the laws straight. But when I'm home my ccw is part of my wardrobe along with my S&W boot knife. Sometimes my woman or kids may pick a little at me but I don't mind. Saturday night we were at the bar shooting pool with a bunch of friends and my woman asked why I don't take off my jacket and get comfortable. I whisper to her that I'm carrying and perfectly comfortable and no I'm not just going to leave it in the car. Interestingly enough my concealment must've been good as when we all got home and I took off the jacket and my friends all mentioned they had no idea I was carrying.

So anyway last night we find a good deal on a motorcycle for my step son on craigs list and head out to look at it. As we're driving out the texts are getting more and more shady from the seller....Spelling, grammar, swears, and some questions about the title. As we get closer we are going deep into the middle of nowhere woods and I have a grand in cash in my pocket. We have our son and 12yo daughter with us and my ol' lady turns to me and says those words "are you carrying hun?" I laughed and replied "not so funny now huh?". As it turned out it was a high school kid who bought the bike when he had a landscaping job and ran out of money this winter so he's selling the bike. He was a nice kid and the title was no problem and everything worked well. AND I got the satisfaction of them realizing that just maybe I'm not a crazy gun nut after all.

As a side note this proud papa just has to gush about his little girl. I got her a ruger SR22 for xmas and yesterday got to take her to the indoor range for her first round of proper instruction. She already knows how to field strip and clean it and was itching to try it. So after some lessons on safety, proper aiming and grip on the weapon here are the results...

And just a note we were in the far right booth next to the cinderblock side wall so as she posed for this picture she was not pointing her weapon at another booth.

Here's a video, not bad for her first day.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=766744530004698