Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Guilty by Association

I just started full time (16 hours a day) carrying three months ago. I am extremely discreet (no one knows for sure if I am carrying or not). Many would say that I carry too deeply since it takes a few extra seconds to present my pistol, but I can carry and wear my normal work/church wardrobe with no one the wiser.

Now to my rant. I have a 5th and 9th grader, and they are very active in school activities. I am really getting tired of having to disarm every time I attend one of their activities. In my entire 57 years, my criminal activity consists of three traffic tickets, the last one being over 20 years ago. I have worked and paid taxes continuously since I was 15, including working my own way through college. Why am I automatically considered "dangerous" simply because I carry a gun??? The only reason there are "gun-free" zones is that the government automatically believes that everyone is potentially a mass murderer. I'm tired of being stereotyped because of .00001% of the population! It's time to stop gun racism!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Guilty by Association

People fear the unknown, until we all become mind readers and are able to know a persons intensions, good or bad, we will put in place restrictions on where firearms can be carried, and being that children are our future, we will do everything to protect them and our future, and if restricting firearms in certain places where children assemble, then that is what will be done, like it or not.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Bucks County)

Yep. It would be really stupid to have firearms TO PROTECT THE ASSEMBLED CHILDREN

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Yep. It would be really stupid to have firearms TO PROTECT THE ASSEMBLED CHILDREN
    That's the way the LAWS are written, YOU don't like, then campaign for a change to them.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by rgkitchen View Post
    I just started full time (16 hours a day) carrying three months ago. I am extremely discreet (no one knows for sure if I am carrying or not). Many would say that I carry too deeply since it takes a few extra seconds to present my pistol, but I can carry and wear my normal work/church wardrobe with no one the wiser.

Now to my rant. I have a 5th and 9th grader, and they are very active in school activities. I am really getting tired of having to disarm every time I attend one of their activities. In my entire 57 years, my criminal activity consists of three traffic tickets, the last one being over 20 years ago. I have worked and paid taxes continuously since I was 15, including working my own way through college. Why am I automatically considered "dangerous" simply because I carry a gun??? The only reason there are "gun-free" zones is that the government automatically believes that everyone is potentially a mass murderer. I'm tired of being stereotyped because of .00001% of the population! It's time to stop gun racism!
    Go for it!! Carry on school property to your kids' activities. I hope you get caught and get convicted. Furthermore, I hope your conviction is overturned on appeal by specifically claiming self defense as an "other lawful purpose." You can be the guinea pig we have all been waiting for. I don't have the time, money, or desire to lose my job (which has me frequently on school property throughout the state) to be said test case.

Of course, I suggest this with my tongue firmly implanted in my cheek, but you should be aware of the ramifications of carrying in a school or on school property. It is not just a case of being asked to leave or defiant trespass. You could suddenly find yourself a "prohibited person".

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    That's the way the LAWS are written, YOU don't like, then campaign for a change to them.
    Many of us do. Sucks for us that, nearly undeniable by the words you've typed, you don't.

If you do, you came across very much the opposite.

(Indiana County)

The only reason there are "gun-free" zones is that the government automatically believes that everyone is potentially a mass murderer.
    Potentially, everyone is.

(York County)

This is something we need to have changed. A license to carry firearms shouldn't disable licensees to carry firearms unless the area is like a detention center where not even law enforcement is allowed to carry guns, and immediately in area is an armed force ready to respond. Parents, and teachers should be able to professionally carry weapons; otherwise schools have a better potential to be a death camp.

(Bucks County)

One of the stupidest laws is federal cemeteries. There is no way to disarm before entering. Placing the gun in the trunk a block before entering won't suffice. So if you drive 60 miles to the cemetery, and return, you are 120 road miles and two hours without the protection that you jumped thru hoops and paid dollars to obtain. On top of that you are an investigated and cleared person highly likely to be very responsible AND you may have even served your country and this is how you are affected by a sign posted at a few acres. I guess they are afraid of a family shoot-out over the proceeds of a deceased vet

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    One of the stupidest laws is federal cemeteries. There is no way to disarm before entering. Placing the gun in the trunk a block before entering won't suffice. So if you drive 60 miles to the cemetery, and return, you are 120 road miles and two hours without the protection that you jumped thru hoops and paid dollars to obtain. On top of that you are an investigated and cleared person highly likely to be very responsible AND you may have even served your country and this is how you are affected by a sign posted at a few acres. I guess they are afraid of a family shoot-out over the proceeds of a deceased vet
    Excellent points, albeit a little creepy if rgkitchen is going to federal cemeteries to support his kids while they participate in school activities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast