(Dauphin County)

Default My Concealment Options

N8² Tactical Original Tuckable Holster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NF7vEZMUmk

Now you see it . . . .

Now you don't . . . .

Blackhawk Lightweight Tactical Pants

http://www.blackhawkvideo.com/videos...htTacPants.wmv

Besides the normal complement of pockets and pouches, there is a hidden zippered "stowaway" pocket behind the right hand front pocket. It is just big enough for a PT-111 G2 in a pocket holster.

In the two photos below the pistol is hidden in that special pocket . . . .

It is drawn heel first, and falls naturally back into the pocket holster when reholstering.

The only disadvantage is that I cannot put anything in that right hand pocket (whatever is in that pocket bulges unnaturally with the pistol behind it). I do, however, put my cell phone in the flapped outer pocket on that side, and it looks natural.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Default Re: My Concealment Options

I really like my N82 Tactical holster for my PF9.
    It is super comfortable. I highly recommended it.

Mine is the original, but I have been thinking about the professional for my next gun

Looks like you have good options

(Luzerne County)

with the first option, I don't see how you can easily pull it out when needed.

(Clarion County)

I follow the rule to re-holster slowly. That means to take the holster out and then put the gun in it and then back in the pocket. The other is to never put anything in the same pocket as the holstered gun.

(York County)

N82 seems like well made stuff, but I wonder about the sweat shield being so large and high above the pistol grip. I have been wearing a holster with a partial sweat shield between the gun and my skin for a long time, and I think if I couldn't get positive purchase on the grip at the draw it wouldn't work for me. Does the sweat shield interfere with getting the thumb around the back of the grip? I don't like the idea of the just the fingers lifting the gun up as the thumb waits for it's chance.

Also, there are better clips on the market. My Mark Garrity is wider, shorter, and stronger, and has a claw punched into the clip which positively grabs the belt (or pants). Nothing worse than a draw which includes the holster coming along for the ride. Gives clip holsters a bad name. I actually wrote them with some ideas about their products and they responded pretty quickly that they'd consider it. Don't know if they actually will, but Pretty good service, considering I didn't buy anything.
    Last edited by mosseater; February 26th, 2014 at 01:49 AM.

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

I've been wearing the same N82 IWB (original/old/whatever version) every day for about 3 years now and it's just as fine as day 1. Perhaps a bit better as it's smoothed over a bit. No issues at all, so deterioration and no problem drawing. Re-holstering is a two handed op, as I have to hold the "sweat shield" so the muzzle can be angled to fit inside the elastic. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone though. My daily carry is a CZ-75 compact FWIW. I probably went through over a dozen different holsters till a friend turned me on to N8.

EDIT TO ADD: IMO, the holster is only half* the equation, the belt being the other. Wilderness Tactical Instructor did it for me; best belt I've ever used to support a holster. It even made some old Uncle Mikes nylon holsters actually function securely. I needed something to carry a large .45 OWB to a friends range and that was the only holster I had that was large enough.

* So, I may even call it as belt 60%: holster 40%. The converse (crappy belt, good holster) doesn't hold.

I actually want to order the large version to find out if I can carry a full size 1911 comfortably (I'm medium/small build, so IWB with a full size 1911 may not work out for me regardless of the holster).

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mosseater View Post
    N82 seems like well made stuff, but I wonder about the sweat shield being so large and high above the pistol grip. I have been wearing a holster with a partial sweat shield between the gun and my skin for a long time, and I think if I couldn't get positive purchase on the grip at the draw it wouldn't work for me. Does the sweat shield interfere with getting the thumb around the back of the grip? I don't like the idea of the just the fingers lifting the gun up as the thumb waits for it's chance.
    Last edited by jim-analog; February 27th, 2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: added belt detail

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by redturbo0 View Post
    with the first option, I don't see how you can easily pull it out when needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosseater View Post

Also, there are better clips on the market. My Mark Garrity is wider, shorter, and stronger, and has a claw punched into the clip which positively grabs the belt (or pants). Nothing worse than a draw which includes the holster coming along for the ride. Gives clip holsters a bad name. I actually wrote them with some ideas about their products and they responded pretty quickly that they'd consider it. Don't know if they actually will, but Pretty good service, considering I didn't buy anything.
    If you want a quick draw holster, then these options are not for you. These are deep concealment options. If needed, I can pull up my tucked shirt and draw my firearm in less than three seconds (except when in my car with my seatbelt on). The large surface area of the holster against my skin together with the heavy duty belt keeps it secure while drawing. I draw with three fingers completely around the grip and my thumb up (like hitchhiking). My thumb comes immediately down to the safety lever before the pistol clears the holster. My trigger finger stays along the right side of the frame.

I have been carrying everywhere (except my kids school) and no one had any idea that I was armed. I use my normal everyday casual wardrobe. I have been wearing casual pants and tucked polo shirts 75% of the time for years. I have rarely worn a sport coat, sweater, or vest, so wearing an untucked shirt or sport coat would have been suspicious. I basically look the same as I always have, with the exception of the clip showing on my belt.

We can debate the accessibility or inaccessibility of a concealed weapon alongside the debates on caliber, but for me, my primary concern was carrying continuously with very minor changes to my normal appearance. I didn't carry daily until December because I did not have a pistol that was the right size. My full size 9mm was too obvious when tucked. What I have now is the largest pistol I can carry and not feel too much like I have a flashing "this guy has a gun" sign on my forehead.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ