Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Post My grandfather and his gun: short story

Just a short semi-funny incident that happened to my grandfather the other day.

So my grandfather went to get gas at a Turkey Hill and followed another guy also pulling in. The other guy pulled up to the first pump and my grandfather pulled into the second one so another person could pull into the third one behind him if needed.

I guess what my grandfather did made the other guy mad. The other guy pulled around to the other side of the pumps for reasons unknown, I guess he wanted the middle spot. After getting out of his car he started yelling at my grandfather and here is how the conversation went as I can remember.

M = Mad guy G = My grandfather

M- What the hell were you doing!? (obviously loud and threatening tone)
    G- Sir just shut up and finish what you're doing.
    M- F*** you ill come over there and beat your ass!
    G- That wouldn't be a good idea, just shut up.
    M- Said something else along the lines of wanting to fight, can't remember.
    G- I'm telling you, do not do that.

At this point the angry mans wife came walking by and notices my grandfather has a gun not quite sure how she saw it though. But you can clearly hear her saying to the man "Hey he has a gun"

The man now standing there with a somewhat surprised/ scared face. Not a single word was said after that, he finished up quick and left.

Just goes to show, you never know what you are getting yourself into or whether or not he's got a gun. Thought I'd share this and show how some people can just get pissed off about anything I guess..
    Last edited by Clyde1993; February 20th, 2014 at 06:30 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: My grandfather and his gun: short story

Whose signature is "I'm too old to fight, that's what the gun is for." or something to that effect.

(Bucks County)

Another instance of a gun defusing a situation before it gets out of control. It'll be on the front page of the paper tomorrow, or NEVER!! Tell him good job!

Way to go pops....

(Venango County)

Do they make modern cars with rear gas access? Otherwise, unless he was on the wrong side and wanted to cross over, I don't see what the issue is. The only other possibility he has a brand new Lamborghini and thought gramps was a little close, lol.

What this goes to show is that bullies look for weak targets. Gramps looked weak and bully-able. Sam Colt was right or at least the saying about making men equal was.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Not that he should have to, but wouldn't the wiser course of action have been to try and defuse the situation? As in, instead of saying "shut up," apologize despite having done nothing wrong?

Gramps is in the right, for sure, but were I in his position, backing down in hope of defusing the situation sounds a lot more appetizing than potentially having to shoot an unarmed aggressor (regardless of whether or not there is a disparity of force).

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    Not that he should have to, but wouldn't the wiser course of action have been to try and defuse the situation? As in, instead of saying "shut up," apologize despite having done nothing wrong?

Gramps is in the right, for sure, but were I in his position, backing down in hope of defusing the situation sounds a lot more appetizing than potentially having to shoot an unarmed aggressor (regardless of whether or not there is a disparity of force).
    Nope.

Aholes is Aholes and if they can't respect their elders, then they deserve to be talked down to.

Gramps didn't start shit, but he don't need to eat any.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Montgomery County)

Needed a diesel pump in the middle? Either way sounds like he had a screw loose...

(York County)

My car is one of the last series to use the gas filler behind the license plate...it's a 1982 Chevy Malibu. I end up having to put my rear bumper right in front of the pump, meaning there is no way anybody can get too close ( unless they are rear fill too ). Gas pump hoses aren't as long as they used to be, it's almost impossible at most pumps to reach a filler on the far side of a vehicle. I think maybe he was just a douche.
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill67 View Post
    Whose signature is "I'm too old to fight, that's what the gun is for." or something to that effect.
    Not sure who you're talking about but if you were looking for the adage, I believe it's "I carry a gun because I'm too old to fight and too young to die".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast