Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Adams County)

Default Do I need a new ltcf?

Hi everyone! I moved from Spring Grove (York County) to east Berlin (Adams County) do I need to get a new carry permit?

(York County)

Default Re: Do I need a new ltcf?

No, it is good until it expires or is revoked for cause, and this certainly isn't cause.

What you should do is simply notify the York County Sheriff's Office of your change of address. This is not a legal requirement, it is only* so that the York County Sheriff can send your renewal application (which also serves as a reminder) to your new address.

EDIT: You will not get a new LTCF when you do this, the one you have is valid as is.

*EDIT again: There is another reason you want to make the sheriff aware of your address change... in the event your LTCF becomes subject to revocation the Sheriff is only required to mail out a revocation notice, and as long as he mails it out to your address of record he has fulfilled his requirements under the law. If you don't receive it because of your move you run the risk of carrying on a revoked LTCF without even knowing it. And that's bad.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; February 18th, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    No, it is good until it expires or is revoked for cause, and this certainly isn't cause.

What you should do is simply notify the York County Sheriff's Office of your change of address. This is not a legal requirement, it is only so that the York County Sheriff can send your renewal application (which also serves as a reminder) to your new address.

EDIT: You will not get a new LTCF when you do this, the one you have is valid as is.
    ^^Accurate answer. I moved years ago and went to the sheriff's office thinking they would do something like tell me to reapply. The deputy took my LTCF and lined out the old address with a pen and wrote the new one on the card (they were paper at the time). He handed it back and thanked me for stopping at the office. My reply was something like "you're kidding. That's it?"

(Adams County)

Yeah I had to have my first one "fixed" back when I first turned 21 (16 years ago!) And it was laminated. The lady crossed it out with a sharpie on the lamination and wrote in the right thing! I also asked if they had a book of carry laws and regulations and they handed me the hunters safety book. I said is that it? Yep! Ok thanks. Smh!