Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trappe Tavern

(Montgomery County)

Default Trappe Tavern

OC'd there was asked to leave or put gun in car after 90 minutes there. Put gun in car after stripping it with barrel and spring in pocket so if it was stolen it couldn't be used. Was asked to be searched and then informed bouncer I was also CC another firearm and he said that was no go so back to car again.

Originally approached told "cant have guns in bars" and once I informed of law changed to "can't have gun in this bar".

Respected property rights but stopped giving the establishment money once this happened.

Letting people know - do not spend FRN's there.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

Default Re: Trappe Tavern

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    OC'd there was asked to leave or put gun in car after 90 minutes there. Put gun in car after stripping it with barrel and spring in pocket so if it was stolen it couldn't be used. Was asked to be searched and then informed bouncer I was also CC another firearm and he said that was no go so back to car again.

Originally approached told "cant have guns in bars" and once I informed of law changed to "can't have gun in this bar".

Respected property rights but stopped giving the establishment money once this happened.

Sorry to hear. I enjoy stopping at the Trappe while out riding. I always CC there but have never OC there.

(Cambria County)

Have you considered attempting to discuss the issue with management?

I like better beer, but if they are anti-gun, I won't be trying that place next time I am in the area. But, just because I like better beer, I would be curious to see how the owners respond to an honest attempt to correct the situation... After all, it's not like bars hire bouncers based on lengthy philosophical discourse.

(Montgomery County)

Didn't have time. Was there hanging without people from HS celebrating their nuptials and didn't want to disrupt good times.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

(Montgomery County)

I'd definitely contact management and explain to him/her of the situation. I'm betting that the bouncer was just pulling stuff out of his ass. I've met many bouncers back in my drinking days that feel they're some kind of God. I've never cared much for people on a power trip.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Venango County)

Didn't have time. Was there hanging without people from HS celebrating their nuptials and didn't want to disrupt good times.
    Was the place leased for the night for the special party or only part of the place? I wonder if that would change things a bit.

For example, if I paid a fee to have the place for the night and close it to the public...who controls the property (depending on the lease agreement, I suppose)?
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Montgomery County)

Nothing special going on.

I'll contact management and see - beer was pricey and the cajun chicken sandwhich I had was sub par so I was already disinclined to return.

(Allegheny County)

As others have stated, talk to the management and verify that is actually their policy. If it is, perhaps a diplomatic reference to the forums might be in order. Once told about the post and the number of people who will see the post and tell their friends, it is always possible that the possible loss of a business may persuade them to change their minds. I know that I would avoid anti-gun establishments, I believe that hitting them is the wallet is the best way to express my rights.

I know a long time ago, about 12 of us where at a diner and the waitress noticed my friend was CC. She asked him to put it in the car or leave. He notified her that he was a police officer and her response was that if he wasn't on duty, he needed to leave the weapon in the car. The 12 of us had just ordered, not consumed anything yet, so we canceled our orders and left. Next day, my friend stopped by the diner, spoke with the owner and told her about the incident. Needless to say, the owner wasn't happy, they actually didn't have a policy, the waitress just took it upon herself to ask us to leave. We were invited back and the waitress was looking for a new job.

(Montgomery County)

You should tag this place as being anti-gun on friend or foe so other gun owners know not to go there.

http://friendorfoe.us/

I've tagged places in Norristown that I open carry that don't mind me carrying. I only had to tag one place as a foe.
    Hafa Adai! IANAL I merely state my opinion. If I am wrong, please correct me.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BenP View Post
    You should tag this place as being anti-gun on friend or foe so other gun owners know not to go there.

http://friendorfoe.us/

I've tagged places in Norristown that I open carry that don't mind me carrying. I only had to tag one place as a foe.
    Good Information, thanks for the link. Rep sent.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast