Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Open carry in PA

Having your LTC has no bearing or anything to do with carrying an unloaded rifle in your vehicle.

Additionally, there is noting for the LEO to decide on, you were perfectly legal transporting an unloaded rifle. It does not have to be in a trunk, it does not have to have a tigger lock on it, etc.....the only requirements are that it is unloaded and the ammo carried in a seperate container. Doesn't matter one way or the other if you have a LTC or not.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by DR. GLOCK View Post
    Yes you are right if you live in a vacume.

Yes it would take more, one person coming to a logical conclusion. (if you call that more).

You should tell that to my friend a retired NYC cop. He was convicted because of his REAL retirement creds because of what someone FELT he was doing.

Every time you speak to any one about anything if that badge is VISIBLE you are impersonating because of their justifiable assumption.

I guess I need to spell things out a little better or be CLEARER. If ONE person FEELS you are a cop while accidentally cutting a line etc. etc. etc. YOU WILL BE CONVICTED.

Unless you live in a vacume. There is NO "simply wearing it".

You CAN'T simply have it on and not USE it, intentionally or NOT.

TRY it then get back to me. Not just for a hour or day but REALLY try it.

It is a topic for another tread. I don't want to highjack this one.

Sounds like your friend was doing more than carrying a badge. Fireman have badges, does than mean if a fireman happens to be carrying a badge and a gun he will be charged with impersonating a LEO? No

And who felt your friend was doing something? And cutting in line will NOT lead to any conviction.

A person commits a misdemeanor of the second degree if he falsely pretends to hold a position in the public service with intent to induce another to submit to such pretended official authority or otherwise to act in reliance upon that pretense to his prejudice.

I'm willing to bet your friend was flashing his credentials around.
    Last edited by Steve in PA; January 1st, 2007 at 03:09 PM.

(Delaware County)

Let's see - Since Christmas (on the days I was in PA) I OC'd in the following places:
    Minella's Diner - Wayne
    WaWa - Wayne (multiple times)
    Paoli Diner - Paoli (multiple times)
    America's Best hardware Store - Wayne (multiple times)
    CVS - St. Davids
    ACME - St. Davids
    Genuardi's - St. Davids
    KMart - Strafford
    Walking my dog through various Wayne neighborhoods (multiple times)

Also while walking in Philly and CC'ing on Thursday morning (going to TJU Hospital), I bent down to tie my shoe & inadvertently hooked the grip of my gun on my jacket. Walked through the Market East train station and down the platform for about 10-15 mins before my wife noticed I was 'hanging out'. Place was moderately crowded - It didn't seem like anyone noticed.

In all of these I just calmly went about my business and had no issues.
    Interestingly, the only person who really noticed was a 2 year old in a high chair at the booth across from us in the Paoli diner yesterday - He kept staring at the gun and then at me. I just smiled and kept eating. His parents didn't seem to notice.

(Cambria County)

Sad that a 2 year old was more observant than the adult entrusted with his care and protection. Unfortunately, most of the sheeple around seem to go through life TOTALLY unaware of what is going on around them.
    Guns are like shoes...a woman should have one in every caliber.

I'm armed and menopausal...Excuse me, did you have something to say?

(Franklin County)

well, steve, it took 2 officers about 45min to decide what they were going to do. The asked me a bunch of questions about my intentions with the rifle and where I was going with it, and who owned it, and why I didn't have ammo for it, etc etc etc...

(Montgomery County)

Something doesn't sound right about this. Hunting season there are lots of rifles around and people aren't getting harassed, so what information are we missing?

(Franklin County)

The missing information is that I'm 26 years old, I guess, and no one know's me. I don't know. I don't have a criminal record or anything, and it was my gun. The officer was about 18/19 trs old if that has anything to do with it. I know that the second officer he called in for back-up didn't seem to have a problem with it. They still asked me a bunch of questions, though.

(Franklin County)

Officers in my town harrass people all the time. Everyone knows this.

I was sitting in traffic on a cold morning a couple months ago on my motorcycle, and flipped up my visor because i couldn't see through the fog from my breath. An officer was coming towards me through the intersection, slammed on his brakes, and yelled at me to pull over. I pulled into a sheetz store and he screamed at me about keeping my visor down at ALL TIMES. I explained that I couldn't see through the condensation and he got REALLY pissed. "WHAT DID I JUST SAY, BOY!!" "ARE YOU SAYING YOU DON"T HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE POLICE!?!"

That is why I would NEVER open carry. I would probably get shot by the police around here.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by protectedbyglock View Post
    well, steve, it took 2 officers about 45min to decide what they were going to do. The asked me a bunch of questions about my intentions with the rifle and where I was going with it, and who owned it, and why I didn't have ammo for it, etc etc etc...
    Sadly, there are depts out there with officers like those who really have no idea what the laws are as they pertain to gun.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by protectedbyglock View Post
    Officers in my town harrass people all the time. Everyone knows this.

I was sitting in traffic on a cold morning a couple months ago on my motorcycle, and flipped up my visor because i couldn't see through the fog from my breath. An officer was coming towards me through the intersection, slammed on his brakes, and yelled at me to pull over. I pulled into a sheetz store and he screamed at me about keeping my visor down at ALL TIMES. I explained that I couldn't see through the condensation and he got REALLY pissed. "WHAT DID I JUST SAY, BOY!!" "ARE YOU SAYING YOU DON"T HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE POLICE!?!"

That is why I would NEVER open carry. I would probably get shot by the police around here.
    Visor down for what reason???? An officer cannot make or order you to do anything that is not covered by law, etc.

Sounds like he belongs in some backwater, podunk, mouthful of chew depts.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast